The Trophies of MariusMarble reliefs from ancient fountain Campidoglio / Rome / Italy
These two marble reliefs, placed besides the statues of Castor and Pollux, originates from a fountain from the time of emperor Domitian. The ruins of the fountain are located in the present day Piazza Vittorio Emmanuele II.
Prints of the photographs are available — read more here.
The pictures above are taken in the following locations:
- Rome, Italy (3 photographs )
- Palazzo dei Conservatori, Capitoline Museums, Campidoglio, Rome, Italy (2 photographs - prints not available )
- Engravings by Piranesi, Other Images Sources (2 photographs )
- Campidoglio, Rome, Italy (1 photograph )
- Palazzo Nuovo, Capitoline Museums, Campidoglio, Rome, Italy (1 photograph - prints not available )
- Domitian - Roman Emperor (81-96 CE) (Romans, Historical Persons)
- Piazza Vittorio Emmanuele II (Rome, Italy)
- Statues of Castor and Pollux - Statues of the Dioscuri from ancient imperial baths (Campidoglio, Rome, Italy)
- The Trophies of Marius - Ruins of ancient fountain (Piazza Vittorio Emmanuele II, Rome, Italy)
Copyright © 2003 René Seindal, last changed 2003-08-06Site Search Quicklinks Venice Kayak - guided kayak tours in Venice, Italy