Julia DomnaRoman Empress (187-211 CE) Romans / Historical Persons
When Septimius Severus died she accompanied her sons to Rome where they became joint emperors, but rivalries between them continued, and Caracalla had Geta murdered. He died in his mothers arms, but Caracalla ordered her not to show mourning.
Prints of the photographs are available — read more here.
The pictures above are taken in the following locations:
- Palazzo Nuovo, Capitoline Museums, Campidoglio, Rome, Italy (2 photographs - prints not available )
- Ny Carlsberg Glyptotek, Copenhagen, Denmark (2 photographs - prints not available )
- Caracalla - Roman Emperor (211-217 CE) (Romans, Historical Persons)
- Castel Sant'Angelo (Rome, Italy)
- Geta - Roman Emperor (211 CE) (Romans, Historical Persons)
- Septimius Severus - Roman Emperor (193-211 CE) (Romans, Historical Persons)
- Temple of Vesta - An ancient temple for Vesta, the goddess of the hearth, in the Roman Forum (Forum Romanum, Rome, Italy)
Copyright © 2003 René Seindal, last changed 2003-08-06Site Search Quicklinks Venice Kayak - guided kayak tours in Venice, Italy