Roman ForumThe political and religious centre of ancient Rome Rome / Italy
The Roman Forum (Forum Romanum) was the political and economical centre of Rome during the Roman Republic. Many of the most important political and religious buildings of ancient Rome stood in the forum, such as the Comitium, the Curia, the Rostra and the Regia.
The Roman Forum is unusally known under its latin name, the Forum Romanum.
Please refer to the article on the Forum Romanum for more details.
- Comitium - The ancient political centre of Rome (Forum Romanum, Rome, Italy)
- Curia Julia - The meeting place of the Roman senate (from c. 50 BCE) (Forum Romanum, Rome, Italy)
- Forum Romanum - The Roman Forum was the political and religious centre in ancient Rome (Rome, Italy)
- Regia - The house of the Roman kings and later the Pontifex Maximus (Forum Romanum, Rome, Italy)
- Rostra - The speakers platform on the Forum (Forum Romanum, Rome, Italy)
Copyright © 2003 René Seindal, last changed 2003-08-06Site Search Quicklinks Venice Kayak - guided kayak tours in Venice, Italy