Fornix FabianusA lost triumphal arch from the republican period Forum Romanum / Rome / Italy
The arch was restored in 56 BCE by the grandson of Fabius.
Some fragments of the dedicatory inscription were found in the 16th century but otherwise little is known about the arch.
- LacusCurtius: Platner: A Topographical Dictionary of Ancient Rome
- LacusCurtius: Hülsen: Il Foro Romano - Storia e Monumenti (text in Italian)
- Regia - The house of the Roman kings and later the Pontifex Maximus (Forum Romanum, Rome, Italy)
- Triumphal Arches - The Romans used arches to celebrate military victory (Architecture, Lexicon)
- Via Sacra - The sacred procession road through the Forum Romanum (Forum Romanum, Rome, Italy)
Copyright © 2003 René Seindal, last changed 2003-08-06Site Search Quicklinks Venice Kayak - guided kayak tours in Venice, Italy