LinksLinks to similar or related sites
Sites on Roman Culture
- Lacus Curtius
- Major site on ancient Rome: 1400+ pages, 50 maps, over 900 photos and drawings of Roman monuments; full texts of Pliny, Dio, Vitruvius, Frontinus, Quintus Curtius, Macrobius, Censorinus; 5 books on Roman roads and the city of Rome, Ptolemy's Geography; etc.
- HistoPortal - World History search
- Search world history by century, country, historical figures, also fashion history, mythology, wars, ancient history, movies, monuments, women's history, the law, religion and mysteries.
- Roman Archaeology
- The Amazing Worlds of Archaeology, Anthropology, & Ancient Civilizations.
- Roman 365
- Returning Roman History to the Living Roman Empire!
- A web resource guide to architecture which includes links to major sites in history, theory, and design. Famous architects.
- The Great Buildings Collection
- Architecture around the world and across history, in an online multimedia encyclopedia of world architecture, documenting 1200 buildings and architects from around the world and across history with text, photos, and live 3D models.
Sites with online photographs
- Pictures of Rome taken with a digital camera between September 15th and 25th 2001
- Virtual ROMA
- Website dedicated to the ancient city called Rome whose inhabitants, a very long time ago, considered Caput Mundi ("head of the world"), simply referring to it as Urbs ("the city"); they measured time ab urbe condita ("since the city was founded"), therefore their year 1 corresponded to year 753 BC of the present western dating system.
Other useful sites
- Startkabel.nl - Italie
- Useful Italian links (in Dutch)
Copyright © 2003 René Seindal, last changed 2003-07-01Site Search Quicklinks Venice Kayak - guided kayak tours in Venice, Italy