RainbowCrack is a general propose implementation of Philippe Oechslin's faster time-memory trade-off technique. It crack hashes with rainbow tables.
RainbowCrack uses time-memory tradeoff algorithm to crack hashes. It differs from brute force hash crackers.
A brute force hash cracker generate all possible plaintexts and compute the corresponding hashes on the fly, then compare the hashes with the hash to be cracked. Once a match is found, the plaintext is found. If all possible plaintexts are tested and no match is found, the plaintext is not found. With this type of hash cracking, all intermediate computation results are discarded.
A time-memory tradeoff hash cracker need a pre-computation stage, at the time all plaintext/hash pairs within the selected hash algorithm, charset, plaintext length are computed and results are stored in files called rainbow table. It is time consuming to do this kind of computation. But once the one time pre-computation is finished, hashes stored in the table can be cracked with much better performance than a brute force cracker.
In this project, we focus on the development of optimized time-memory tradeoff implementation. GPU acceleration is another key feature of RainbowCrack software. By offloading most runtime computation to NVIDIA/AMD GPU, overall hash cracking performance can be improved further.
Several TB of generated rainbow tables for LM, NTLM, MD5 and SHA1 hash algorithms are listed in this page.
Features of RainbowCrack Software
- Full time-memory tradeoff tool suites, including rainbow table generation, sort, conversion and lookup
- Support rainbow table of any hash algorithm
- Support rainbow table of any charset
- Support rainbow table in raw file format (.rt) and compact file format (.rtc)
- Computation on multi-core processor support
- GPU acceleration with NVIDIA GPUs (CUDA technology)
- GPU acceleration with AMD GPUs (OpenCL technology)
- GPU acceleration with multiple GPUs
- Runs on Windows operating systems
- Runs on Linux operating systems
- Unified rainbow table file format on all supported operating systems
- Command line user interface
- Graphics user interface
Download RainbowCrackVersionSoftwareOperating SystemGPU Acceleration 1.7 rainbowcrack-1.7-win64.zip Windows 7/8/10 64-bit rainbowcrack-1.7-linux64.zip Linux 64-bit (x86_64) No 1.6.1 rainbowcrack-1.6.1-win32.zip Windows 7/8 32-bit rainbowcrack-1.6.1-win64.zip Windows 7/8 64-bit rainbowcrack-1.6.1-linux32.zip Linux 32-bit (x86) No rainbowcrack-1.6.1-linux64.zip Linux 64-bit (x86_64) 1.6 rainbowcrack-1.6-win32.zip Windows XP/Vista/7/8 32-bit rainbowcrack-1.6-win64.zip Windows XP/Vista/7/8 64-bit rainbowcrack-1.6-linux32.zip Linux 32-bit (x86) No rainbowcrack-1.6-linux64.zip Linux 64-bit (x86_64) 1.5 rainbowcrack-1.5-win32.zip Windows XP/Vista/7/8 32-bit No rainbowcrack-1.5-win64.zip Windows XP/Vista/7/8 64-bit rainbowcrack-1.5-linux32.zip Linux 32-bit (x86) No rainbowcrack-1.5-linux64.zip Linux 64-bit (x86_64)
© 2018 RainbowCrack Project