- About ISN
- About ISN
- Vision, Mission, Values
- Partners, affiliates and supporters
- World Kidney Fund
- Awards & Prizes
- Biennial Report
- Bylaws, Policies & Procedures
- Staff & Contact Information
- Apply for ISN Programs
- ISN Kidney Care Network
- Saving Young Lives partnership
- ISN-APSN partnership
- ISN-ANIO partnership
- Other Programs partnerships
- Renal Disaster Relief Task Force
Kidney International Journals
- Read More
The Declaration of Istanbul has been updated
- Get involved!
- Global Kidney Health Atlas
- Join our advocacy campaign!
Join ISN today so you can experience and support ISN activities that help improve the lives of people living with kidney disease worldwide. By taking part in capacity-building programs, you can share what you know with local communities and enhance your expertise and skills.
APPLY HERE to become a member of ISN
The new global report highlights silent epidemic of kidney disease and neglect of treatment and prevention in all countries.
An estimated 1 in 10 people worldwide have chronic kidney disease.
Find the report HERE.
Kidney International (KI) is ISN's official journal, one of the most cited journals in nephrology and widely regarded as the world's premier journal on the development and consequences of kidney disease. KI is peer-reviewed and publishes original research in both basic science and clinical medicine covering renal physiology, biochemistry, pathology, immunology, morphology and more. It aims to inform the renal researcher and the practicing nephrologist on all aspects of renal studies, including basic and clinical research, emerging therapeutics, and novel diagnosis.
ISN calls on countries and governments to address kidney disease as a priority in the upcoming UN High-Level Meeting on NCDs on 27 September 2018. This will be the first time to review the international policy on NCDs within the context of the Sustainable Development Goals and the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development. Help us harness this important rallying point to focus the attention of Heads of State and Government on the urgent need to address NCDs such as kidney disease as a development and political priority. Join the campaign and make use of our campaign material by clicking HERE.
- Corporate Members
- UK and Palestine joins forces for transplant initiative Friday, 17 August 2018 10:04 in ISN Programs
- Remembering one of the Nephrology Forum's founders Tuesday, 14 August 2018 08:24 in Membership
- Affordable dialysis project gains funding to move forward Monday, 13 August 2018 14:00 in Initiatives
- Cost-effective machine set to change the future of dialysis care Friday, 10 August 2018 13:50 in ISN blog
- Statement of Concern - Political Declaration, Third UN High Level Meeting on NCDs Thursday, 09 August 2018 08:35 in Initiatives
- Lillian Jean Kaplan Prize: send your nomination! Monday, 06 August 2018 14:13 in Initiatives
- KI article shows the doubling incidence, prevalence and mortality of CKD Friday, 03 August 2018 11:01 in ISN blog
- Join the SONG-PKD Delphi panel Tuesday, 31 July 2018 16:32 in Initiatives
- RDRTF to expand its scope, improving disaster relief for nephrologists Monday, 30 July 2018 16:21 in Initiatives
- Cost-effective machine set to change the future of dialysis care Friday, 10 August 2018 in ISN blog
- KI article shows the doubling incidence, prevalence and mortality of CKD Friday, 03 August 2018 in ISN blog
- Taking action on ESKD Friday, 06 July 2018 in ISN blog
- ISN and Danone Nutricia: hydration and kidney health Wednesday, 27 June 2018 in ISN blog
- ISN Latin America Regional Board tries new regional board workshop approach in Cartagena Monday, 04 June 2018 in ISN blog
- William Couser to be given 2018 ASN John P. Peters Award Thursday, 14 June 2018 in ISN blog
The objective of the Corporate Members Committee, is to assist the Society in achieving its mission. For more info click here.
Are you interested in sponsoring? Contact Wessel Nieuwenweg, ISN Strategic Relationships Director at [email protected]
Following in the footsteps of ISN Education, the ISN Academy is a new and interactive e-learning platform and app providing equal access to the latest knowledge in nephrology, where and when you need it. With up-to-date and interactive resources, it opens doors to a unique mix of presentations, cases, articles, webinars, guidelines and more.
CLICK HERE to try the ISN Academy for yourself.
Watch the features of this innovative online e-learning platform and download the app.
Welcome to the International Society of Nephrology
Since its foundation in 1960, the International Society of Nephrology (ISN) has pursued the worldwide advancement of education, science and patient care in nephrology.
The Society represents a wide international network and provides an efficient platform for timely scientific exchange, debate and dissemination between healthcare professionals around the world. It is also dedicated to addressing the disparity between the developing and developed worlds in the research, diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of kidney disease.
The ISN has over 9500 professional members from more than 155 countries. In addition, it closely collaborates with over 90 national and regional nephrology societies worldwide, representing about 30,000 professionals.The ISN continues to develop and consolidate several programs, initiatives and partnerships that will help to further deliver on its two overarching goals: reducing the incidence and impact of kidney disease worldwide, and making the society a leading international organization for all issues related to the science and practice of nephrology.
ISN News is the official quarterly newsletter of ISN with round-ups of the latest happenings within the Society
The official journal of the ISN and widely regarded as the world's premier journal on the development and consequences of kidney disease
This new publication has reached the 50-published research article threshold. It has also been officially added to Elsevier’s list of journals.
Global Operations Center
Rue des Fabriques 1
1000 Brussels, Belgium
Tel: +32 2 808 04 20
Fax: +32 2 808 4454
Americas Operations Center
340 North Avenue 3rd Floor
Cranford, NJ 07016-2496, United States
Tel: +1 567 248 9703
Fax: +1 908 272 7101