A Note for Former HighBeam Users
After many years of successfully serving the needs of our customers, HighBeam Research has been retired.
Because HighBeam Research has closed down we have taken you to our sister website Questia, an award-winning Cengage Learning product.
Located in downtown Chicago, Questia is the premier online research and paper writing resource. Since its founding in 1998, Questia has helped students find and cite high-quality, scholarly research. With emphasis on subjects related to the humanities and social sciences, Questia provides the resources needed to complete most college-level, core-curriculum course assignments.
The Questia library contains books and journal articles on subjects such as history, philosophy, economics, political science, English and literature, anthropology, psychology, and sociology. It also includes magazine and newspaper articles.
In January 2010, Questia was acquired by Cengage Learning, the leading provider of innovative teaching, learning, and research solutions for professional, library, and academic audiences worldwide. Since then, Questia's library has continued to grow, and advanced tools for research and writing have been fine-tuned to meet the needs of the academic community. Today, more students are using Questia than ever before.
Questia at a glance
- More than 500,000 students have used Questia since its launch.
- Experienced, on-staff librarians hand-select the books and periodicals offered.
- More than 94,000 online books from reputable commercial and academic presses.
- More than 14 million quality, citable journal, newspaper and magazine articles.
- Organizational and paper-writing tools to help you manage your research and automatically generate footnotes and bibliographies.
- Instructors can select and assign students readings and/or research tutorials for writing a research paper to complete for their coursework.
- Writing Center with tools and guidance to help you write your research paper
- Topic Idea Generator, Thesis builder, Outline builder among others
- 9 steps to writing a research paper
- Research tutorials consisting of videos, PDF examples and quizzes designed to help students write better research papers.
“This is the best online library I've come across on the net! I love the huge variety of topics and tools available for comprehensive research. Yet, it's easy to use and fun. Thank you so very much for being here.— Shari E., Philosophy graduate student at UCLA
“This is a great research tool. I wish I had known about it years sooner. Thank you.— Judy H., World History major at Grand View College
“This saved my life in college...Thank you.— Kerri W., Political Science major at Indiana State University
Our Customer Service team is available 24/7. Just call
c/o Cengage Learning
1 North State Street
Chicago, IL 60602