Supporting Medical Research
Training Scientists and Clinicians
Communicating Research Progress
Health TopicsSee all health topics
Apply for Grants
Research on biopsychosocial factors of social connectedness and isolation on health, wellbeing, illness, and recovery (R01 Clinical Trials Not Allowed)Release: 9/18/2019
Research at NIAMS
From the Director
Robert H. Carter, M.D., became Acting Director of the National Institute of Arthritis and Musculoskeletal and Skin Diseases (NIAMS) in December 2018.
New and Noteworthy
Honoring Health: Resources for American Indians and Alaska Natives is an e-newsletter that features a different health topic in each issue.It is produced by the NIAMS on behalf of the National Institutes of Health, the Indian Health Service, and the Administration for Community Living’s Administration on Aging. Subscribe.
Featured InvestigatorCutaneous Development and Carcinogenesis Section Dermatology Branch A board-certified dermatologist, Dr. Isaac Brownell is an attending physician on the NIH Clinical Center’s Dermatology Consultation Service and co-directs the Cutaneous Oncology Program at the Walter Reed National Military Medical Center. View Complete Profile
- NIAMS Coalition Organizations that raise awareness of NIAMS research.
- PROMIS New paradigms for how clinical research information is collected, used and reported.
- PEPR Consortium To assess the health of children with a variety of chronic diseases and conditions.
- Community Engagement Raise awareness of NIAMS research activities.
- Accelerating Medicines Partnership Identifying biological targets for diagnostics and drug development.