MediaWikiFrom MediaWiki.org Jump to navigation Jump to search
MediaWiki is a collaboration and documentation platform brought to you by a vibrant community.Photo of participants of the Wikimedia Hackathon 2019
The MediaWiki software is used by tens of thousands of websites and thousands of companies and organizations. It powers Wikipedia and also this website. MediaWiki helps you collect and organize knowledge and make it available to people. It's powerful, multilingual, free and open, extensible, customizable, reliable, and free of charge. Find out more and if MediaWiki is right for you.
- Download, install and configure MediaWiki
- Add functionality by installing extensions
- Problems? See Errors and symptoms and FAQ
- No own server? See Hosting services
- Get professional development and consulting
- Join MediaWiki Stakeholders user group
- Learn how to navigate
- Learn how to edit a page
- Learn more about reading, editing, and personal customization
- New to development? Choose a software project to hack on
- How to work on MediaWiki or extensions' code
- Already a developer? Visit the developer hub
- Interact with content by using the Action API or Web API
- Read the developer docs
- Cannot find the answer to a problem with MediaWiki? Ask the Support desk!
- Get involved as a translator, designer, documentation writer, tester, tech ambassador, …
- Report wrong software behavior or a feature proposal
- MediaWiki 1.32.1 is now available.
- MediaWiki 1.32.0 is now available.
- MediaWiki 1.31.1, 1.30.1, 1.29.3, 1.27.5 security releases are now available.
In other projects
- Wikimedia Commons
- What links here
- Related changes
- Upload file
- Special pages
- Permanent link
- Page information
- Wikidata item
- Cite this page
- This page was last edited on 15 April 2019, at 00:11.
- About MediaWiki.org
- Code of Conduct
- Cookie statement
- Mobile view