Share this bulletin
Get news bulletins by email Bulletin Blue Apron's stock loses 15% in sharp midday slide » Investor Alert
New York Markets Close in:
MarketWatch Commenting FAQs
We recently upgraded our commenting system at MarketWatch. Here are tips on making the most of the new platform.
- Did anything change with my username?
- How do I flag an abusive comment?
- How do I share my comments on Facebook or Twitter?
- Can I edit my comment after posting it?
- How do I manage my notification settings?
- Where do I find my commenting history?
- How do I delete my comment?
- How do I add pictures or video to my post?
- How do I change the order that comments are displayed?
- I've been blocked from commenting. Why and what do I do?
Where did anything change with my account?
No. We have the same policy in place as before, requiring readers to provide us with their first name and last name to participate in our community.
How do I flag an abusive comment?
Keen moderation is a key to ensuring a smooth, enjoyable conversation for each member of our community. You can help us with the process by flagging comments.
How to report a comment:
- If you see an inappropriate comment, click on the downward arrow to the right of the comment and select "Report". That will notify MarketWatch moderators.
We appreciate your help in flagging abusive comments. You can review our Commenting Guidelines here.
How do I share my comments on Facebook or Twitter?
One of the great features that our new commenting platform has is the ability to share comments on Facebook, Twitter or via email. Simply select the "Share" link under each comment.
Please note: We will never post to Facebook or Twitter without your permission.
Can I edit my comment after posting it?
Yes, simply click on the downward arrow to the right of your comment and select "Edit". The word "Updated" will appear next to your comment to alert other users of the change.
You can delete your own comments at any time.
How do I manage my notification settings?
By default, users can receive comment updates. This allows you to more easily follow a conversation after you've left the page.
You can receive emails when:
- You are @mentioned in a comment
- People like your comments
- Someone replies to your comment
To manage your notification settings:
- Click on your name in the top right corner of the comment box and select "Settings" from the menu.
- Or go to one of your previous comments, click on your name. That will open a profile window. Click on the user icon in the top right corner and select "Settings" from the menu.
Where do I find my commenting history?
Click on your name in the top right corner of the comment box and select "Profile". The ensuing window will show you your comment history.
You can also view the comment history of others by clicking on their username.
If you would like to hide your comment history from others, go to your commenting settings and enable private mode.
Click on your name in the top right corner of the comment box and select "Settings" and enable your private profile.
How do I delete my comment?
Any user can delete their own comment from a thread in real time. Simply go to your comment. Click on the downward arrow in the right corner and select "Delete" from the menu. You can also edit your comments by selecting "Edit" from the same menu.
How do I add pictures or video to my post?
One way to include images is by uploading. You are able to add images by selecting the camera icon under the comment box. You will be prompted to upload an image.
Another way to drop in a picture is to enter its URL into your comment. We'll take care of the rest!
Given that animated GIFs are so popular nowadays, our new commenting widget lets you search for recent Giphy images. Select the "GIF" icon to pick from a range of animated pics.
NOTE: When posting an image, you'll still be asked to post a text comment.
For videos, you can simply paste the URL from the following sources and we'll display the video player for you:
Add links to other pages by typing in or copying its URL into the comment box. It will automatically be hyperlinked.
How do I change the order that comments are displayed?
Our new commenting platform allows users to sort the conversation by "Newest" or "Oldest" or "Best" (most upvoted) comments with a click of the mouse. The conversation's latest comments are displayed by default.
I've been blocked from commenting. Why and what do I do?
MarketWatch strives for abuse-free conversations that add value, provide insightful and trenchant commentary. Please ensure that your comments follow our Commenting Guidelines. If you think you've been erroneously blocked from commenting by our moderation filters. Please email us at [email protected] for a customer service representative to review your account.
- 1. Key Words Giuliani doesn’t deny Trump campaign may have colluded with Russia
- 2. Market Extra Head of world’s largest asset manager says stock market has hit a bottom — but this would make it surge
- 3. Trump Today Trump Today: President signs bill to pay federal workers, mum on State of the Union
- 4. Aurora to raise $250 million in convertible debt, stock falls in late trading
- 5. Where Mueller’s Probe Stands as William Barr Faces Confirmation
- Loading more headlines...
Virtual Stock ExchangeOur free stock-market game
• Trade your virtual portfolio in real time
• Talk strategies in group discussions
• Find or create a game that suits you
• Use our learning center to improve
- Company Info
- Code of Conduct
- Advertising Media Kit
- Advertise Locally
- Reprints & Licensing
- Your Ad Choices