ISO 1951:2007 Preview
Presentation/representation of entries in dictionaries -- Requirements, recommendations and information
This standard was last reviewed and confirmed in 2016. Therefore this version remains current.
ISO 1951:2007 deals with monolingual and multilingual, general and specialized dictionaries. It specifies a formal generic structure independent of the publishing media and it proposes means of presenting entries in print and electronic dictionaries. The relationship between the formal structure and the presentation of entries used by publishers and read by users is explained in examples provided in the informative annexes.
The objective of ISO 1951:2007 is to facilitate the production, merging, comparison, extraction, exchange, dissemination and retrieval of lexicographical data in dictionaries. Following a lexicographical lemma-oriented approach, it does not deal with concept-oriented works as defined in ISO 704.
- Current status : Published Publication date : 2007-02
- Edition : 3 Number of pages : 77
- Technical Committee : ISO/TC 37/SC 2 Terminology workflow and language coding
Buy this standarden FormatLanguagestd 1 178 PDF std 2 178 Paper
Got a question?
Check out our FAQs
Customer care +41 22 749 08 88 [email protected]
Monday to Friday - 09:00-12:00, 14:00-17:00 (UTC+1)
A standard is reviewed every 5 years
- 90.20 2010-01-15 International Standard under periodical review
- 90.60 2010-06-17 Close of review
- 90.93 2010-07-20 International Standard confirmed
- 90.20 2015-07-15 International Standard under periodical review
- 90.60 2015-12-17 Close of review
- 90.93 2016-05-26 International Standard confirmed
- 90.20 International Standard under periodical review