This website does readability filtering of other pages. All styles, scripts, forms and ads are stripped. If you want your website excluded or have other feedback, use this form.

nin - "last" remix - Gearslutz

The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio  Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Home > Q + A Archives > Expert Question and Answer Archives > Q+A with Butch Vig nin - "last" remix
Login / Join Join with Facebook Connect with Facebook nin - "last" remix Thread Tools Search thread
30th June 2009 #1 edanderson  Gear Nut

nin - "last" remix
butch, i really enjoyed your work with garbage and saw you guys live a few times, including the memorable 1999 tibetan freedom concert in amsterdam.

bit of a trivia question... on the 1992 nin remix CDEP "fixed" there was a track that had the back half of your remix of the nin song "last" ... but the first half was a reworking by trent and co. at the time, there were very low quality bootlegs of your full version, and the first half sounded more like a cover than a remix.

cut to some years later (ahem), and your full version is posted to the nin remix site...

Remix - remix.nin.com

your take is certainly quite different than the original, and probably would not have fit very well on the original EP, but it is very interesting. any recollection as to why you went off in such a different direction, recording your own parts rather than a straight-up remix?

thanks,

ed Share

30th June 2009 #2 ButchVig Gear addict

Quote: Originally Posted by edanderson butch, i really enjoyed your work with garbage and saw you guys live a few times, including the memorable 1999 tibetan freedom concert in amsterdam.

bit of a trivia question... on the 1992 nin remix CDEP "fixed" there was a track that had the back half of your remix of the nin song "last" ... but the first half was a reworking by trent and co. at the time, there were very low quality bootlegs of your full version, and the first half sounded more like a cover than a remix.

cut to some years later (ahem), and your full version is posted to the nin remix site...

Remix - remix.nin.com

your take is certainly quite different than the original, and probably would not have fit very well on the original EP, but it is very interesting. any recollection as to why you went off in such a different direction, recording your own parts rather than a straight-up remix?

thanks,

ed Trent asked me to do a remix, and said "do your own thing, make it different"...and I started recording a lot of new parts, and took it in a much different direction.
When it was finished, Trent thought the front part of the mix didn't fit the EP, so he just used the ending.

I'm glad it's on his website. Duke and Steve worked with me on the remix, in the very early days of Garbage. Share

Facebook  Twitter  Reddit  LinkedIn Search Forums Thread Tools Search this Thread Show Printable Version Email this Page Similar Threads Thread Thread Starter / Forum Replies Yung Jock Remix 90s Throwback remix. Feedback anyone? Justice / Work In Progress / Advice Requested / Show and Tell / Artist Showcase / Mix-Offs 0 NIN Remix Site is Awesome!!!! MrHope / Electronic Music Instruments and Electronic Music Production 0 "a song for al gore" (triphop vs NIN remix ) gsilbers / Work In Progress / Advice Requested / Show and Tell / Artist Showcase / Mix-Offs 0 Apple Computer and Remix Magazine present Remix Hotel Los Angeles, Nov. 2-4 remixhotel / Product Alerts older than 2 months 1 Anyone want to remix "With Teeth" by NIN? Riad / High end 55