Related Bills and some Nominations citation data are temporarily incomplete. We are working to resolve this issue, and regret the inconvenience.
Most-Viewed Bills | Top 10
- H.R.5383 [116th] New Way Forward Act
- H.R.3 [116th] Elijah E. Cummings Lower Drug Costs Now Act
- H.R.2474 [116th] Protecting the Right to Organize Act of 2019
Bill Searches and Lists
Current Legislative Activities
116th Congress (2019-2020)
House of Representatives
Next Meeting: Feb. 18, 2020 at 10:30 AM EST
Previous Meeting: Feb. 14, 2020
- House Floor Activities
- Committee Hearings Video Live
- Communications to the House
- Bills to be Considered
Today: Feb. 17, 2020
The Senate convened at 1:45 PM EST
Previous Meeting: Feb. 13, 2020
Upcoming House and Senate Committee Meetings Daily View | Weekly View
- Feb. 26, 2020 at 2:30 PM (EST) House Appropriations Subcommittee on Department of Homeland Security
- Feb. 27, 2020 at 10:00 AM (EST) House Transportation Subcommittee on Water Resources and Environment
- Feb. 27, 2020 at 1:00 PM (EST) House Appropriations Subcommittee on Legislative Branch
- Yesterday in Congress
- Bill Texts
- Committee Schedule
- Calendars and Schedules
- Committee Reports
- Roll Call Votes
- Presented to President
The Congressional Record
Library of Congress Reports
- Search CRS Reports Congressional Research Service Reports are available to the public.
- The Law Library of Congress Reports are produced primarily for Members of Congress.
The Constitution Annotated
- Official Senate Print providing comprehensive legal analysis of the U.S. Constitution.
Current Members of Congress
- Speaker of the House Rep. Nancy Pelosi [D-CA-12]
- Majority Leader Rep. Steny H. Hoyer [D-MD-5]
- Republican Leader Rep. Kevin McCarthy [R-CA-23]
- Majority Whip Rep. James E. Clyburn [D-SC-6]
- Republican Whip Rep. Steve Scalise [R-LA-1]
- Republican Conference Chairman Rep. Liz Cheney [R-WY-0]
- Assistant Democratic Leader Rep. Ben Ray Lujan [D-NM-3]
- Republican Policy Committee Chairman Rep. Gary J. Palmer [R-AL-6]
- Democratic Caucus Chairman Rep. Hakeem S. Jeffries [D-NY-8]
- President of the Senate Vice President Mike Pence
- Majority Leader Sen. Mitch McConnell [R-KY]
- Democratic Leader Sen. Charles E. Schumer [D-NY]
- President Pro Tempore Sen. Chuck Grassley [R-IA]
- Majority Whip Sen. John Thune [R-SD]
- Whip Sen. Richard J. Durbin [D-IL]
Contact Your Member
Contact by email and telephone.
News from the Law Library
February 11, 2020 by Margaret Wood
Congress.gov New, Tip and Top February 2020
Last month Andrew told us about deep linking in Congress.gov while Robert informed us about sponsorship information in saved ...more
Searching Actions Only
Looking for voice votes? Type voice into the Words & Phrases box on the Legislative Quick Search form. Then select Actions. Learn More
The Legislative Process
Nine videos explain each of the common legislative stages, and that the process by which a bill becomes law is rarely predictable.
The U.S. Founding Documents
A gallery of study resources about significant primary source documents from American history.
Presented by the Library of Congress, Congress.gov is the official website for U.S. federal legislative information.
Visiting the U.S. Capitol
Your visit to the historic U.S. Capitol begins as you enter the Capitol Visitor Center.Loading...