Ministry of Advanced Education
Responsible for an adult learning system that provides accessible, affordable and high quality education for Albertans.
- ApplyAlberta Apply for undergraduate programs at one or more post-secondary institutions and request transcripts.
- Apprenticeship and industry training Industry-driven training that builds a highly skilled, internationally competitive workforce in a variety of trades and occupations.
- Choose to study in Alberta Find out how to study in Alberta, the destination of choice for thousands of international higher education students every year.
- Funding for academic upgrading and adult learning Funding to help adult Albertans get the basic education, upgrading or English as a Second Language they need for further training or a job.
- Learning Clicks Thinking about life after high school? Explore your options and discover how other students are forging their paths.
- Post-secondary program standards and oversight Find out how Alberta’s post-secondary programs are approved and monitored for quality.
- Post-secondary student aid Helps post-secondary students throughout Alberta meet the basic costs of learning and living, so they can achieve their education goals.
- Study abroad program choices Explore different ways Alberta students can get a post-secondary education or internship in another country.
- Transfer Alberta Get information to help you plan your learner pathway, from applying for a program to transferring credits you have already earned.
- Alberta Cabinet Cabinet ministers are in charge of specific government ministries and are responsible for policy matters and issues related to the day-to-day operation of government.
- Connect with the Premier Send a message to Premier Jason Kenney, invite him to attend an event, or request a congratulatory message or scroll.
Start planning for post-secondary
Whether you are in high school or going back to school as an adult, use these resources to help you create a learner pathway that gets you where you want to be.
Adult learning system principles
Read the 5 principles guiding our work to ensure all Albertans have the same opportunity to get a high-quality post-secondary education.
Supports for Indigenous students
The government is committed to supporting Indigenous post-secondary students in Alberta by providing campus, community, financial and transition resources.
Minister Demetrios Nicolaides
Demetrios Nicolaides was appointed Minister of Advanced Education on April 30, 2019.
Prepares Albertans for lifelong success through education by:
- approving programs of study
- funding public post-secondary institutions and other adult learning providers
- providing financial aid for learners
- registering and certifying apprentices
- supporting academic research and innovation
Our programs and services are driven by 3 outcomes:
- Adult learning opportunities are accessible and affordable for all Albertans.
- High-quality education, skills development and research make a positive contribution to Alberta’s economy, society, culture and environment.
- The adult learning system is accountable and coordinated.
- Alberta Student Aid
- List of public agencies
- Media inquiries
- Ministry staff directory
- Personal information bank directories
- Sep 25, 2019
Task force to strengthen skilled trades education
NAIT and SAIT presidents will co-chair the Skills for Jobs Task Force and find ways to expand and strengthen apprenticeship education to meet labour demands.
- Sep 19, 2019
Empowering women to enter the skilled trades
The province is increasing funding to help more women enter the skilled trades and build rewarding futures for themselves, their families and all Albertans.
- Sep 10, 2019
Investing in apprenticeship education
The province is providing more funding for scholarship programs for apprentices to meet labour market demands and increase access to trades education.