HomeFrom the Wikimedia Foundation Jump to: navigation, search
The Wikimedia Foundation, Inc. is a nonprofit charitable organization dedicated to encouraging the growth, development and distribution of free, multilingual, educational content, and to providing the full content of these wiki-based projects to the public free of charge. The Wikimedia Foundation operates some of the largest collaboratively edited reference projects in the world, including Wikipedia, a top-ten internet property.
Imagine a world in which every single human being can freely share in the sum of all knowledge. That’s our commitment.
See the job openings page for more information.
Recent Wikimedia Blog posts
- Why it took a long time to build that tiny link preview on Wikipedia
April 20, 2018
- Wikimedia and The Met: A shared digital vision
April 19, 2018
- How we designed page previews for Wikipedia — and what could be done with them in the future
April 18, 2018
- Victory in Greece: Legal case ended against Wikipedia editor
April 18, 2018
- Navigating through Wikipedia articles on desktop just got a lot easier
April 17, 2018
The Wikimedia Foundation relies heavily on the generous support from our users. Please consider making a donation today, be it time or money.
The Wikimedia Foundation is incorporated as a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization in the United States, and donations from US citizens are tax deductible. Donations made by citizens of other countries may also be tax deductible. Please see deductibility of donations for details. Please see our fundraising page for details of making donations via credit card, PayPal, postal mail or direct deposit. For all other types of donations, please contact us.
Reports and releases
Check out the press room for our press releases. Be sure to sign up to receive reports and announcements by e-mail.
The annual plan documents the Foundation's 2017–2018 financial plan, strategic targets, activities, and staffing overview.
From the Wikimedia Foundation
- Wikimedia Foundation public policy
- Wikimedia Foundation transparency report
- Website availability status dashboard
The Wikimedia Foundation is proud to be one of the most transparent non-profit organizations in the world. For updates about our program activities and our Annual Report, see the other links on this page. Additionally, we provide the following information:
- Core financial information. On the financial reports page, you will find audited financial statements, detailed financial plans, and our form 990.
- Board meeting minutes and outcomes. The Wikimedia Board of Trustees is the ultimate corporate authority in the Wikimedia Foundation. On the meetings and resolutions pages, you will find information about its decisions.
Wikimedia Foundation staff regularly participate in open office hours on IRC (an online chat system). Our fundraising work is public and community-driven as well. If you'd like to jump right in, visit the community fundraising landing page.
Projects of the Wikimedia Foundation (read more...)
For more information about the contributors to the logo designs, see Wikimedia trademarksWikipedia
Free encyclopedia Wiktionary
Dictionary and thesaurus Wikinews
Free content news source Wikibooks
Free textbooks and manuals Wikiquote
Collection of quotations Wikisource
Free source documents Wikiversity
Free learning tools Wikivoyage
Free travel guide Wikispecies
Directory of species Commons
Shared media repository Wikidata
Free knowledge base MediaWiki
Free wiki software Retrieved from "[wikimediafoundation.org]" Category:
- About Wikimedia
- Our projects
- Contact us
- Press room
- Staff and contractors
- Wikimedia Blog
- Work with us
- Questions for Wikimedia?
- Board of Trustees
- Advisory Board
- Annual Report
- Financial reports and Form 990
- Fundraising reports
- Movement affiliates
- This page was last edited on 13 February 2018, at 02:34.