- Proposals for future unitary structures: means of prioritising proposals
- Consultation period 6 June 2007 to 18 July 2007.
- Invitation to all councils in England
- This document invites councils in shire areas to make proposals for unitary structures. It also invites partnerships of a county council and all district councils in a county area to pioneer new models of two-tier working.
- Decision letters for the unitary proposals
- On 25 July 2007, the Government announced that nine proposals for unitary status would go ahead towards implementation. These letters record the reasons for those decisions.
- How to download
- Advice on downloading files from this website.
- Woolas announces sixteen successful bids for unitary status to improve local services
- News release 27 March 2007.
- Bedford Borough Council
- Bedfordshire County Council
- Cheshire County Council
- Chester City Council
- Cornwall County Council
- Cumbria County Council
- Durham County Council
- Exeter City Council
- Ipswich Borough Council
- Noth Yorkshire County Council
- Northumberland County Council
- Northumberland Districts Councils
- Norwich City Council
- Shropshire County Council
- Somerset County Council
- Wiltshire County Council
- Access Adobe
- Get help with the accessibility of PDF documents, or download the latest Adobe Reader.
- Adobe PDF conversion
- Convert online PDF files to text or HTML.
Proposals for future unitary structures: Stakeholder consultation
Publication title: Proposals for future unitary structures: Stakeholder consultation
Audience: Local authorities and key stakeholders
Consultation period: 27 March 2007 to 22 June 2007
Product code: 06 LGSR 04516
This consultation paper seeks views on proposals for future unitary structures submitted in response to the invitation issued alongside the Local Government White Paper: Strong and Prosperous Communities.
Links to the individual council proposals are available on the right of this page.
Decision letters for the 16 proposals being consulted and copies of the letters for proposals that have not proceeded to consultation can be found at: Decision letters for the unitary proposals.
Please send your comments, no later than 22 June 2007 to:
Communities and Local Government
London SW1E 5DU
E-mail: [email protected]
This publication is only available online - see below to download.
Alternative formats under Disability Discrimination Act (DDA): if you require this publication in an alternative format (eg Braille or audio) please email [email protected] quoting the title and product code/ISBN of the publication, and your address and telephone number.
- Proposals for future unitary structures: Stakeholder consultation (PDF 101 Kb)
- Consultation period 27 March 2007 to 22 June 2007.
- List of consultees (PDF 25 Kb)
- Frequently asked questions (Faqs) (PDF 37 Kb)
Access to information
What we do
- About us
- Cities and regions
- Communities and neighbourhoods
- Fire and resilience
- Local government
- Planning, building and the environment
- Thames Gateway & Olympic Legacy