11 captures 28 Jan 2016 - 15 Jul 2019
About this capture
Organization: Internet Archive
These crawls are part of an effort to archive pages as they are created and archive the pages that they refer to. That way, as the pages that are referenced are changed or taken from the web, a link to the version that was live when the page was written will be preserved.
Then the Internet Archive hopes that references to these archived pages will be put in place of a link that would be otherwise be broken, or a companion link to allow people to see what was originally intended by a page's authors.
The goal is to fix all broken links on the web. Crawls of supported "No More 404" sites. Collection: Wikipedia Near Real Time (from IRC) This is a collection of web page captures from links added to, or changed on, Wikipedia pages. The idea is to bring a reliability to Wikipedia outlinks so that if the pages referenced by Wikipedia articles are changed, or go away, a reader can permanently find what was originally referred to.
Main menuphilstar.com Philippine News for the Filipino Global Community Masthead, pagematch: 1, sectionmatch: 1 Thu | 01/28/2016 08:35pm | Forex: $1:47.815
- Follow Us:
- Follow @PhilstarNews
Vigan declared ‘Wonder City’By Ariel Paolo Tejada (The Philippine Star) | Updated May 9, 2015 - 12:00am Vigan City new seven wonder cities
VIGAN CITY, Philippines – The status of Vigan City as one of the new seven wonder cities of the world was formalized with a grand inauguration on Thursday night, making the Philippines one of three countries with more than one wonder.
Vigan is considered by the New7Wonders Foundation as the “best-preserved example of a planned Spanish colonial town in Asia.”
Vice President Jejomar Binay and New7Wonders Foundation president Bernard Webber led the ceremony. Also present were Sen. Cynthia Villar, Vigan Mayor Mayor Eva Singson-Medina, Ilocos Sur Gov. Ryan Luis Singson and other local officials.
Webber personally handed to city officials a bronze plaque that declares Vigan as New Wonder City.
In his speech, Binay said Vigan City should serve as an inspiration to other local government units on how preserving culture and heritage can be harmonized with urban development.
“In our quest to become strong competitors in the ASEAN and global economies, we cannot be too quick to tear down the old to build the new without serious deliberation and debate,” Binay said during Vigan’s inauguration.Headlines ( Article MRec ), pagematch: 1, sectionmatch: 1
“As Vigan has proven, prosperity is not always measured by a city’s skyline. And it is not just malls that can bring in tourists and trade,” he added.
He also reminded the residents of Vigan to remain committed to preserving their culture and environment and share their best practices with other local governments.
Webber said having two wonders – Vigan and the underground river in Palawan – says a lot about the Philippines.
He also said he was impressed with the motivation and participation of every Filipino around the world which made it possible for Vigan to be included in the list of wonder cities.
“Participation and motivation of every citizen is what makes a great future of this country,” he added.
Mayor Singson thanked all the Filipinos who voted and campaigned for Vigan.
“To everyone who contributed to this triumph of our city and the entire country, thank you very much,” she said.
“This is Vigan, our heritage wonder city, whom we are all proud of, and we know by heart that as residents, it is our responsibility to preserve it, nurture, keep it vibrant and to treasure it, not just for today but for the future generations to appreciate and emulate,” she added.
Vigan joined other cities worldwide, namely Beirut in Lebanon, Doha in Qatar, Durban in South Africa, Havana in Cuba, Kuala Lumpur in Malaysia and La Paz in Bolivia as the seven cities that “best represent the achievements and aspirations of our global urban civilization,” according to New7Wonders Foundation. – With Helen Flores, Jun Elias
- Follow Us:
- Follow @PhilstarNews
- OpenRice Philippines: Instant food suggestions and so much more
- Last chance to see Madonna live in Manila for free
- America's top endocrinologist offers solutions to diabesity
- Motorists enjoyed P16 fuel discount at Caltex-Micara
- Infographic: A first-jobber’s starter kit
- Globe wins anew at PSE Bell Awards
- 6 reasons why life is more fun in Mandaluyong
- 7 Kapitolyo restaurants you always go back to
- 3 things heavy traffic steals from you
- PNoy hit for 'turning his back' on comfort women
- EU: Philippines improving in implementation of int'l conventions
- Theory-practice debates in journalism to be tackled in UST
- Comelec ties up with Facebook for 2016 polls
- Ex-MRT chief asks court for PAO counsel, cites lack of money
- GPH-MNLF-OIC truce review winds up amid uncertain BBL plight
- Philippines warns Taiwan for increasing tensions in disputed sea
- Cayetano vows to bring back order and security as VP
- Taiwan president visits island in disputed South China Sea
- Restaurant ceiling at NAIA Terminal 3 collapses
FeedbackHeadlines ( MRec ), pagematch: 1, sectionmatch: 1
- Japan unveils stealth plane, may combine with next-gen jet January 28, 2016 - 8:26pm
- Sovereignty, legacy factors in Taiwan leader's island visit January 28, 2016 - 7:34pm
- Security forces foil Abu Sayyaf bombing plot January 28, 2016 - 6:21pm
- LISTEN: Sereno says Grace Poe case has social implications January 28, 2016 - 5:38pm
- PNoy hit for 'turning his back' on comfort women January 28, 2016 - 5:13pm
Advertise With Us
Subscribe to Newspaper Site Map
Copyright Notice 6TH Floor, RFM Corporate Center Pioneer St., Mandaluyong City Philippines
Tel. No. (632) 637-5400
For advertising concerns: email [email protected]
For marketing concerns: email [email protected]