This website does readability filtering of other pages. All styles, scripts, forms and ads are stripped. If you want your website excluded or have other feedback, use this form.

nin - "last" remix - Gearslutz.com

success fail Jul OCT Mar 01 2009 2011 2012 26 captures 04 Jul 2009 - 10 Jul 2018 About this capture COLLECTED BY Organization: Internet Archive The Internet Archive discovers and captures web pages through many different web crawls. At any given time several distinct crawls are running, some for months, and some every day or longer. View the web archive through the Wayback Machine. Collection: Wikipedia Outlinks July 2011 Crawl of outlinks from wikipedia.org started July, 2011. These files are currently not publicly accessible. TIMESTAMPS
All Advertisers
Gearslutz.com > Expert Question & Answer Archives (read only archive, not open for new posts) > Q & A with Butch Vig nin - "last" remix Register FAQ Merch Tips & Techniques Video Vault Books & DVD's Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Tips & Techniques Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes 30th June 2009, 04:10 AM #1 edanderson Gear nut
Join Date: Oct 2002 Location: brooklyn Posts: 131 Thread Starter nin - "last" remix

butch, i really enjoyed your work with garbage and saw you guys live a few times, including the memorable 1999 tibetan freedom concert in amsterdam.

bit of a trivia question... on the 1992 nin remix CDEP "fixed" there was a track that had the back half of your remix of the nin song "last" ... but the first half was a reworking by trent and co. at the time, there were very low quality bootlegs of your full version, and the first half sounded more like a cover than a remix.

cut to some years later (ahem), and your full version is posted to the nin remix site...

Remix - remix.nin.com

your take is certainly quite different than the original, and probably would not have fit very well on the original EP, but it is very interesting. any recollection as to why you went off in such a different direction, recording your own parts rather than a straight-up remix?

thanks,

ed 30th June 2009, 03:34 PM #2 ButchVig special guest

Join Date: Dec 2008 Posts: 289 Quote: Originally Posted by edanderson butch, i really enjoyed your work with garbage and saw you guys live a few times, including the memorable 1999 tibetan freedom concert in amsterdam.

bit of a trivia question... on the 1992 nin remix CDEP "fixed" there was a track that had the back half of your remix of the nin song "last" ... but the first half was a reworking by trent and co. at the time, there were very low quality bootlegs of your full version, and the first half sounded more like a cover than a remix.

cut to some years later (ahem), and your full version is posted to the nin remix site...

Remix - remix.nin.com

your take is certainly quite different than the original, and probably would not have fit very well on the original EP, but it is very interesting. any recollection as to why you went off in such a different direction, recording your own parts rather than a straight-up remix?

thanks,

ed Trent asked me to do a remix, and said "do your own thing, make it different"...and I started recording a lot of new parts, and took it in a much different direction.
When it was finished, Trent thought the front part of the mix didn't fit the EP, so he just used the ending.

I'm glad it's on his website. Duke and Steve worked with me on the remix, in the very early days of Garbage.

DBX 266 Compressor Gate Two Channel Stereo Comes
$53.00
Art Pro Channel 215 Professional Tube Mic Preamp,
$149.99
Slightly Rude Compressor TDM RTAS Audiosuite Ilok
$59.00
DBX 1046 Quad comp/limiter
$400.00
dbx 266A Compressor/Gate
$75.00