success fail Jul AUG Oct 30 2009 2010 2013 12 captures 27 Aug 2010 - 16 Aug 2018 About this capture COLLECTED BY Organization: Alexa Crawls Starting in 1996, Alexa Internet has been donating their crawl data to the Internet Archive. Flowing in every day, these data are added to the Wayback Machine after an embargo period. Collection: alexa_web_2010 this data is currently not publicly accessible. TIMESTAMPS
- Where I live
- Have your say
- Travel and transport
- Public transport and community transport
- Park and ride
- Events and additional services
- Individual site information
- Operation & journey times
- Park and ride routes and bus stops
- Tickets, charges and discounts
Email page to a friend
- Compare car CO2 emissions or use smarter driving calculator with Act on CO2
- Find the environmental impact of your vehicle
- National Park and Ride Directory
- Number of free spaces in Park and Ride sites
- See whether using park and ride would reduce your carbon footprint
- Traveline - plan travel via public transport
- What to do and see in Norwich
Norwich Park and Ride
Norfolk County Council operates six purpose built Park and Ride sites, more than any other city in the UK, providing 4912 spaces, located on the main routes into Norwich city centre. Last year, more than 3,100,000 passengers and more than 860,000 vehicles used Norwich park and ride, reducing congestion and helping to improve the air quality in Norwich city centre.
• On average drivers save about £1 per day in fuel costs and more on vehicle wear and tear by using Norwich park and ride. If used for commuting to work, say 5 days a week for 46 weeks in a year, this would equate to a saving of £230 per year. An annual season ticket costs just £340. Follow this link to calculate how much park and ride can reduce your fuel costs and carbon emissions by.
• Parking at the sites is free for those travelling from the site on a park & ride or another scheduled bus service only. No parking is permitted at the sites if the bus service is not used.
• Tickets for bus travel are purchased from machines at each site. (Two tickets will be issued for Postwick and Airport sites, because a parking ticket still has to be displayed in your vehicle. Concessionary pass holders will need to get their free vehicle ticket from the site office).Click here for details of fares and season tickets.
Airport site - Buck Courtney Crescent Norwich NR6 6JT - Location map - Timetable
Costessey site - Long Lane Bawburgh Norwich NR9 3LX - Location map - Timetable
Harford site - Ipswich Road Norwich NR4 6DY - Location map - Timetable
Postwick site - Yarmouth Road Norwich NR13 5NP - Location map - Timetable
Sprowston site - Wroxham Road Norwich NR7 8RN - Location map -Timetable
Thickthorn site - Norwich Road Hethersett NR9 3AU - Location map -Timetable
• Great deals for flexible season tickets
-10 trip £18.00
- 4 weekly £34.00 (can be used on any park and ride service as many times a day as you wish and by other family members until the expiry date)
- Annual £340.00 (can be paid for over 10 months, used on any park and ride service as many times a day as you wish and by other family members until the expiry date.). Click here for further information. Please note there is a £1.50 charge for purchases by credit cards at the bus station and park and ride sites.
• Old style 6 trip 20 trip and 25 trip season tickets held after 11th January 2010 will still be valid for use until their expiry date of 31st December 2010.
• Bank holiday services click here for details
• All children up to four children under 16 travel free with an adult or concessionary pass holder.
• Cycle and ride for just £1 a day just park your cycle, motorcycle, scooter in the allocated space and visit the site office for your ticket.
• Hospital/University of East Anglia service Park for free at the Costessey park and ride site and catch the Konectbus 10 for the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital. Pay the bus driver. There is a short walk of about 15 minutes to the UEA campus – Service available Monday to Friday only, not bank holidays. Follow this link for details of the Costessey park and ride site Follow this link for the Konectbus 10 timetable
• Disabled badge holders need a concessionary bus pass to qualify for free travel and need to display their disabled badge in their car. Click here for further information. For information about wheelchairs and electric scooters click here and look for the question ‘Can I take my wheelchair or motorised disabled scooter on the bus?’
• Free travel for concessionary bus pass holders after 0930 Monday to Friday and any time at weekends or bank holidays (when open). Click here for further information. These times will not change from 1st April 2010 even though Norwich free boarding changes to 0830
• Free onward travel on any of the park and ride services between Norwich Bus Station and Anglia Square. For example a passenger from Thickthorn, Costessey and Harford park and rides can use their ticket on Sprowston (purple bus) and Airport (yellow bus) services to travel from the Bus Station to Castle Meadow, Tombland or Anglia Square and back. Similarly those using the Postwick service can get off at Castle Meadow or the Bus Station and catch the Sprowston or Airport service to Anglia Square and back. Please ask the driver for an onward travel ticket when you board the bus at the park and ride site.
• Fusion tickets allow travel at any time on the day of purchase between 0500 and 0200 in Norwich and its surrounding area. Tickets can be purchased from your park and ride bus driver (first bus 0640) and are available for individuals or family groups. They allow onward travel on bus services from the city centre. For example you could park at Thickthorn park and ride and travel through the city to Aylsham or Acle or visit both towns using bus services. Alternatively you could park at Airport park and ride and travel to Wymondham Long Stratton or Hales, or all three places and back to the park and ride site if there is time in the day. Click here for more details
• Thursday late night service On Thursday evenings our hours of service are extended. The last bus back to the sites from the Bus Station on Thursday evenings is 2030.
• Annual term time only student pass for Norwich City College and Norwich Art School students and staff. Monday to Friday and term time only - September to July for just £255.00 - Spring and summer terms only for just £163.50 - Summer term only for just £85.00 Click here for details.
• University of East Anglia student and staff season tickets click here for details.
All six park & ride sites have been awarded the Park Mark Safer Parking award for no vehicle crime at any of the sites and providing a secure and safe parking environment. This award is accredited by the Police and the British Parking Association.Find out more....
- Norwich Visitor and Shopping Map - Park and Ride (pdf - 1029kB)
- School run Park&Ride; leaflet (pdf - 1290kB)
- © 2007-10 Norfolk County Council |
- Norfolk Statistics |
- Maps |
- Disclaimer |
- Privacy Statement |
- Website Performance |