success fail Apr APR Jul 17 2009 2010 2011 37 captures 02 Jul 2006 - 02 Aug 2018 About this capture COLLECTED BY Organization: Alexa Crawls Starting in 1996, Alexa Internet has been donating their crawl data to the Internet Archive. Flowing in every day, these data are added to the Wayback Machine after an embargo period. Collection: alexa_web_2010 this data is currently not publicly accessible. TIMESTAMPS
AdvertisementRolling Stone Win $1,000,000
200) The Downward Spiral
Nine Inch Nails
Posted Nov 01, 2003 12:00 AMRate / Comment Print Share
"When I rented the place, I didn't realize it was that house," claimed NIN's Trent Reznor about recording Spiral in the one-time home of Manson-family victim Sharon Tate. Despite "a million electrical disturbances," Reznor made the most successful album of his career. While Spiral has its share of Reznor's trademark industrial corrosiveness, it is balanced by the tentatively hopeful "Hurt" and soundscapes inspired by David Bowie's Low.
Total album sales: 4 million
Peak chart position: 2
News and Reviews
- The Runaways on "The Runaways"
- Review: Jimi Hendrix's "War Heroes"
- Review: Jimi Hendrix's "Hendrix in the West"
- Review: Jimi Hendrix's "Rainbow Bridge"
- Review: Jimi Hendrix's "The Cry of Love"
- The Secrets Behind the Rolling Stones' "Exile on Main Street" Reissue
- Spring Music Preview 2010
Home : Music News : 200) The Downward Spiral
Stay connected to Rolling Stone with:
- The Stars Come Out at Night at the 25th Spirits
- Download the Yahoo! Rhapsody Toolbar for Free
- Subscribe to Rolling Stone Magazine
- Get the Newsletter
- Advertise With Us
- Contact Us
- Site Map
- US Weekly
- Men's Journal
- Jann S. Wenner
- Real Guide
©RealNetworks, Inc. All rights reserved.
©Copyright 2010 Rolling Stone; Jann S. Wenner, editor and publisher
- Portions of Album Content Provided by All Music Guide © 2010 All Media Guide, LLC.
Yes! I want 1 year, 26 issues, for only $19.95 PLUS 4 FREE issues. That's a total of 30 issues for the one year price.