success fail Apr APR Sep 04 2008 2009 2011 19 captures 23 Jun 2004 - 08 Jul 2017 About this capture COLLECTED BY Organization: Alexa Crawls Starting in 1996, Alexa Internet has been donating their crawl data to the Internet Archive. Flowing in every day, these data are added to the Wayback Machine after an embargo period. Collection: alexa_web_2009 this data is currently not publicly accessible. TIMESTAMPS Saturday 04 April 2009Home / City Council / COUNCIL SERVICES
- A to Z of services
- Contact Us
- Council information
- [email protected] City Council
- Tourist information
- Waste and recycling
- Apply for housing
- Citizen magazine
- Committee meetings
- Contact your councillor
- Council tax
- Current consultations
- Latest planning applications
- Pay online
- Safer food awards (Scores on the doors)
Parks and open spaces
There are 23 parks, 95 open spaces and 59 natural areas in Norwich, which are managed by the green spaces team:
- Many of the parks have children's play areas.
- There are paddling pools at Waterloo and Wensum Parks, which are open in the summer.
- Eaton Park has a model boat pond.
- Wensum and Earlham Parks are riverside parks.
- There are outdoor sports facilities at a number of parks as well as teenage facilities.
- A number of popular events are held in the parks every year.
- Lottery funding has enabled four historic parks — Waterloo, Wensum, Heigham and Eaton — to be restored.
- Heigham Park and Waterloo Park are locked at 'park closing time'. All other parks remain unlocked but games finish 15 minutes before 'park closing time'. Please ensure enough time is allowed to play any games eg pitch and putt — a minimum of 2½ hours).
Eaton ParkLink to parks map locations and facilities
Link to parks closing times
Dogs are welcome in most parks and open spaces as long as they are under control. In some parks, they are only allowed on leads and it is against the law to allow a dog to foul a public space and not clear up after them.
Hiring the parks
The parks, open spaces and facilities can be hired for events.
CityCare maintains parks and open spaces under the Grounds maintenance contract.
Vandalism or damage should be reported on the green spaces vandalism answerphone 0844 980 3333.
For further information on the parks call 0844 980 3333 or email [email protected]
- Grounds maintenance
- Historic parks
- Hire of open spaces
- Sports and recreation facilities
- Play areas
- Events 2009
Norwich City Council: City Hall, St. Peter's Street, Norwich NR2 1NH. Telephone: +44 (0) 844 980 3333. Email:[email protected]