success fail Nov DEC Feb 08 2007 2008 2011 23 captures 08 Dec 2008 - 01 Sep 2018 About this capture COLLECTED BY Organization: Alexa Crawls Starting in 1996, Alexa Internet has been donating their crawl data to the Internet Archive. Flowing in every day, these data are added to the Wayback Machine after an embargo period. Collection: Alexa Web 2008 Crawl data donated by Alexa Internet. This data is currently not publicly accessible TIMESTAMPS GigwiseNews »
Trent Reznor Blasts The American Government
He's appalled with George Bush and co....
- by Jason Gregory
- Monday, March 26, 2007
Nine Inch Nails frontman Trent Reznor has hit out at the America government in the light of the current global climate.
Speaking to Gigwise, the 41-year-old singer says that his futuristic concept album âYear Zeroâ is thematically rooted in the present.
Set 15 years in the future, Reznor said of the record: âWhen it came to write the words I really wanted to focus on something that was at the forefront of my consciousness which is, as an American, Iâm appalled by the behaviour of our government and the direction that it has taken and the direction that itâs taken everyone else in the world and its arrogance.â
He continued: âI decided to write an essay about where the world might be if we continue down the path that weâre on with a neo-con-esque government doing whatever it pleases, which seems to be the way it works over here (America).â
Explaining the concept theme idea, he added: âThere are no concepts in the story that arenât routed in things that already are happening.â
Check out Gigwise tomorrow for a full-length feature with Trent Reznor.« Prev David Bowie To Curate New York Festival... Next » (20)
- Well said Trent. Here’s hoping your next album is called ’George Bush Is A Cunt’
~ by Davey boy 3/26/2007
- bravo, reznor!! finally!! a musician with some balls.
~ by mickey67 3/26/2007
- I wish more musicians could react to the world climate in such a thought provoking way. Maybe if more did, it would persuade the powers that be to change their ways
~ by Hayley 3/26/2007
- AS LONG AS IT SOUNDS GOOD,I DONT CARE WHAT HES SAYIN.
~ by F. U. 3/26/2007
- Why isn’t he appalled by the political climate of the Middle East? Prez of Iran threatening annihilation of Israel etc? Or is that Bush’s fault too? Quick get us a President more interested in interns!
~ by Piggy 3/26/2007
Register now and have your comments approved automatically!
- Nine Inch Nails – 'Capital G'- reviews/tracks
- Nine Inch Nails - 'Survivalism' (Island) Released 16/04/07- reviews/tracks
- Nine Inch Nails – The Rezurrection- features
- Wednesday 28/02/07 Nine Inch Nails @ Carling Academy, Glasgow- reviews/live
- Monday 11/07/05 Nine Inch Nails @ The Apollo, Manchester- reviews/live
- Trent Reznor Ditches Plans For Nine Inch Nails 3D Film- News
- Nine Inch Nails Recruit Lostprophets Drummer Ilan Rubin- News
- Nine Inch Nails' Trent Reznor Urges Americans To Vote On November 4th- News
- Rock and Pop Stars' Non-Famous Siblings
- AAA With Iglu and Hartly
- Shane MacGowan Haggard As The Pogues Start Christmas Tour
- More photos »
- Simpsons Vs Australia
- Xmas Joke
- Blast from the past, are you having it?
- **SMILER'S EXCLUSIVE FREESTYLE 3! DOWNLOAD NOW!!**
- All Posts...
- ESP LTD Chrome Diamond Plate EX400BD Model Guitar
- full performance percussion blue drumkit
- 2 kanye west tickets NEC arena 15/11/2008
- Flat wanted in London
- All Posts...
- Free Recording
- Bassist wanted
- Drummer wanted (career opportunity)
- VOCALIST REQUIRED! Wirral, Liverpool
- All Posts...
- RSS Feeds
- Music News RSS
- Live Reviews RSS
- Album Reviews RSS
- Single Reviews RSS
- Music Features RSS
- Gigwise Blog RSS
- Photo Galleries RSS
- Gig Tickets and Tour News RSS