Home > Bulletin > Pubblico > 2018 > 06
Holy See Press Office Communiqué: Audience with the President of the French Republic, 26.06.2018
The Holy Father Francis today received in audience the President of the French Republic, His Excellency Mr. Emmanuel Macron, who subsequently met with His Eminence Cardinal Secretary of State Pietro Parolin, accompanied by His Excellency Msgr. Paul Richard Gallagher, Secretary for Relations with States.
During the cordial discussions, the good existing bilateral relations between the Holy See and France were highlighted, and the contribution of religions to the promotion of the common good of the country, with particular reference to the commitment of the Church, was noted.
Attention then turned to global issues of shared interest, such as the protection of the environment, migration, and multilateral commitment to conflict prevention and resolution, especially in relation to disarmament. The conversation also permitted an exchange of views on various situations of conflict, particularly in the Middle East and in Africa. Finally, there was a joint reflection on the prospects of the European project.
- Message of the Prefect of the Dicastery for Promoting Integral Human Development for the International Day against Drug Abuse and Illicit Trafficking
- RESCRIPTUM EX AUDIENTIA SS.MI: Rescriptum of the Holy Father Francis by which he has decided to co-opt into the Order of Bishops, equating them in all respects with the Cardinals holding the title of a suburbicarian Church, Cardinals Parolin, Sandri, Ouellet and Filoni
- Resignations and Appointments
- Press Conference to present the International Conference “Saving our Common Home and the Future of Life on Earth”
- Notice of Press Conference