Wikimedia Foundation elections committeeFrom Meta, a Wikimedia project coordination wiki Jump to navigation Jump to search Translate this page
Other languages: Deutsch • English • Lëtzebuergesch • Nederlands • Ripoarisch • Tagalog • Tiếng Việt • Türkçe • dansk • español • français • italiano • lietuvių • polski • português • português do Brasil • български • русский • українська • العربية • سنڌي • فارسی • हिन्दी • 中文 • 日本語 standing Past committees 2015 • 2013 • 2011 • 2009 • 2008
The Wikimedia Foundation elections committee oversees, on behalf of the Wikimedia Foundation and the Wikimedia community, elections to the Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees or Funds Dissemination Committee (FDC) by the community.
- 1 Responsibilities
- 2 Membership
- 3 History
- 4 References
- 5 See also
The elections committee has oversight of the following elections:
- Board of Trustees elections
- Funds Dissemination Committee (FDC) elections
- Funds Dissemination Committee Ombudsperson elections
- Similar community-selected positions as determined by the Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees
Members and advisors serve terms of two years and are appointed by the Board Governance Committee, in consultation with sitting members of the Committee and their advisors.
As of April 2017, the committee consists of eight community volunteers with advisers from the Wikimedia Foundation.NameLanguagesLocation (time zone) Ajraddatz en-N, fr-1 Canada (UTC-8) Atropine it-N, en-3, es-2, fr-1 Italy (UTC+1) KTC, Chair en-N, yue-N London, England (UTC+1) Mardetanha az-N, fa-N, en-3, tr-2, ar-1, bqi-1, crh-1, glk-1, mzn-1, tk-1 Zanjan, Iran (UTC+4:30) Philippe en-N, fr-2 California, United States (UTC-8) Ruslik0 en-3, ru-5 Moscow, Russia (UTC+3) Masssly en-3, ha-2, ak-1, dag-N Accra, Ghana (UTC±0) Matanya en, he Israel (UTC+2)
- Board liaison
- Nataliia Tymkiv
At least two staff members are appointed by the Wikimedia Foundation Executive Director to support the committee and additional advisors (staff or volunteer) can be appointed by the election committee depending on their needs with the support of the Board Governance Committee.
- James Alexander, Wikimedia Foundation Community Engagement
- Stephen LaPorte, Wikimedia Foundation Legal
- Joe Sutherland, Wikimedia Foundation Community Engagement
- Greg Varnum, Wikimedia Foundation Communications
- Tim Moritz Hector, an observer and Board Governance Committee liaison
Prior to 2016, each community election for the Board and FDC resulted in the creation of a temporary elections committee. On 7 November 2015, the Board of Trustees approved the formation of a standing elections committee. The founding members of the standing committee were announced on 20 July 2016.
Past elections committees
- ↑ a b c d e f New Elections Committee
- ↑ a b Updates regarding the Wikimedia Foundation Elections Committee
Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees
Board Community Committees[meta.wikimedia.org]"
- Wikimedia Resource Center
- Wikimedia Forum
- Mailing lists
- Planet Wikimedia
Beyond the Web
In other languages
- This page was last edited on 11 November 2017, at 15:31.