- JOBSEEKER TOOLS
- Search for JobsSearch for Jobs
- Browse for JobsBrowse for Jobs
- Create a ResumeCreate a Resume
- Company DirectoryCompany Directory
AnchorTribune Company Hartford, CT Share Job Apply Now
- Job Code 2018-47832
- Jobs Rated 213th
AnchorLocation US-CT-Hartford Posted Date 3 months ago(7/3/2018 5:46 PM)
- Job ID
- News Operations
Anchor/Reporters at FOX61 must embrace the role of newsroom leader. We are looking for someone who sets the tone with credible journalism, enterprise reporting, making an emotional connection with our viewers and creating memorable moments. While the on-camera anchor component is critical, the behind-the-scenes role of writing and editing, participating in editorial decisions and mentoring are just as important.
You are responsible for reporting when not anchoring. Position involves regularly conducting interviews both live and pre-taped; appearing on camera, writing your own scripts and taking ownership of stories from start to finish. As one of the “faces” of the station, you need to be prepared to make public appearances and represent the station well in the community.
- Anchor regularly scheduled newscasts. Fill-in anchoring as directed.
- Act as newsroom leader.
- Write, edit and produce daily news stories including vo’s, vo-sot’s and packages.
- Generate and setup news stories. Evaluate news leads and tips to develop story ideas.
- Attend the daily editorial meeting and suggest news stories.
- Establish and maintain news contacts in the community.
- Report “live” spot news stories.
- Report on-set, in newsroom or in the field.
- Enterprise special reports.
- Supervise the editing of news packages.
- Engage with the community in public appearances.
- Uses various social media platforms to provide updates and news stories to the public.
- Read newspapers, competitive websites and follow social media daily.
- Other duties as assigned.
- B.A. or B.S. Degree pably in journalism or English
- Previous TV reporting and anchoring experience
- Good attitude and team player
- Strong on-air presentation - must be credible, personable and passionate
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Must be able to accept constructive criticism designed to enhance performance
- Can perform duties and make decisions under extreme pressure
- Required to cover news stories from the field
Must be willing to submit to a background check. Must have unrestricted authorization to work in the United States.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Company InfoTribune Media Company (NYSE: TRCO) is home to a diverse portfolio of television and digital properties driven by quality news, entertainment, and sports programming. Tribune Media is comprised of Tribune Broadcasting's 42 owned or operated local television stations reaching more than 50 million households, national entertainment network WGN America, whose reach is approaching 80 million households, Tribune Studios, and a variety of digital applications and websites commanding 60 million monthly unique visitors online. Tribune Media also includes Chicago's WGN-AM and the national multicast networks Antenna TV and THIS TV. Additionally, the Company owns and manages a significant number of real estate properties across the U.S. and holds a variety of investments, including a 31% equity interest in TV Food Network and a 32% equity interest in CareerBuilder. For more information please visit http://www.tribunemedia.com.
NowShare Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later. Share on your newsfeed
Jobs Rated Reports for Broadcaster
- Most Stressful Jobs
- The Worst Jobs of 2018
- The 2018 Jobs Rated Report
- The Worst Jobs of 2017
- Most Stressful Jobs of 2017
- Jobs Rated Report 2017
- See more jobs from this location
- See more jobs from this company
- See more Broadcaster jobs
- Back to search results
Browse Popular CategoriesAccounting / Finance Human Resources IT Legal / Business Affairs Marketing / Promotions / PR Sales / Biz Dev View All
Find out how your paycheck compares by industry, function, location, and more.
Use our Resume/CV builder to quickly create a resume/cv that stands out.
Set Up Your Job Alerts
Be alerted wnhen a job is posted which fits your professional criteria.
Before you go...
Our free job seeker tools include alerts for new jobs, saving your favorites, optimized job matching, and more! Just enter your email below.
Share this job:
AnchorTribune Company Hartford, CT Copy Job URL
Join us to start saving your Favorite Jobs!Sign In Create Account 213th2018 - Broadcaster Overall Rating: 213/220 Median Salary: $40,910
Work Environment Very Poor 188/220 Stress Very High 213/220 Growth Very Poor 214/220 Jobs Rated Methodology Powered By
- Quick Search
- Advanced Search
- Browse All Jobs
- Browse By Location
- Browse By Category
- Browse By Company
- Copyright © 2017 Penske Business Media, LLC. All rights reserved.
HOLLYWOOD™ & Design © 2017 Hollywood Chamber of Commerce. The Hollywood Sign is a trademark and intellectual property of Hollywood Chamber of Commerce. All Rights Reserved.