Welcome to the Handbook of Latin American Studies
Contains scholarly assessments of publications related to Latin America, from the 1930s to the present, including books, articles, maps, e-resources, and more.
- Browse Find titles, authors, or subjects in alphabetical order with cross-references.
- Advanced Search Combine search words using guided menus.
- Keyword Search Search for words anywhere in HLAS records. Includes Boolean Search.
- Hispanic Reading Room Explore Hispanic Division services and events
- HLAS Online Search HLAS from 1935 to the present
- HLAS TOCs and Essays Browse TOCs and introductory essays for a range of HLAS volumes
- Ask a Librarian Email a question to a Hispanic Reading Room reference librarian
This database contains bibliographic records found in the Handbook of Latin American Studies (HLAS) from the 1970s to the present. HLAS includes annotated citations for books, journal articles, book chapters, conference papers, maps and atlases, and e-resources.
The Tables of Contents page provides links to bibliographic review essays that contextualize scholarly trends and publications.