dreadnoughtDefinition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary Jump to navigation Jump to search
- 1 English
- 2 French
EnglishEnglish Wikipedia has an article on:dreadnought Wikipedia
dreadnought (plural dreadnoughts)
- a battleship, especially of the World War I era, in which most of the firepower is concentrated in large guns that are of the same caliber.
- (informal) a type of warship heavier in armour or armament than a typical battleship
- One that is the largest or the most powerful of its kind.
- A garment made of thick woollen cloth that can defend against storm and cold.
- The cloth itself; fearnaught.
- A person who fears nothing.
- Something that assures against fear.
- Arabic: دريدنوت
- Belarusian: дрэдно́ўт m (drednóŭt)
- Bulgarian: дредноут m (drednout)
- French: dreadnought (fr) m
- Georgian: დრედნოუტი (drednouṭi)
- German: Schlachtschiff (de) m
- Hebrew: דְּרֶדְנוֹט (he) m (drednot)
- Japanese: ドレッドノート (doreddonōto)
- Korean: 드레드노트 (deuredeunoteu)
- Lithuanian: drednoutas
- Persian: دریدنوت
- Polish: drednot (pl) m
- Russian: дредно́ут (ru) m (drednóut)
- Thai: เดรดนอต
- Turkish: dretnot (tr)
- aircraft carrier
- Wikipedia article on battleships
dreadnought m (plural dreadnoughts)
- dreadnought (battleship in which most of the firepower is concentrated in large guns that are of the same caliber)
- “dreadnought” in le Trésor de la langue française informatisé (The Digitized Treasury of the French Language).
- English compound words
- English lemmas
- English nouns
- English countable nouns
- English informal terms
- English exocentric verb-noun compounds
- French terms derived from English
- French 2-syllable words
- French terms with IPA pronunciation
- French lemmas
- French nouns
- French masculine nouns
- French countable nouns
- Main Page
- Community portal
- Requested entries
- Recent changes
- Random entry
- Contact us
- What links here
- Related changes
- Upload file
- Special pages
- Permanent link
- Page information
- Cite this page
In other languages
- Srpskohrvatski / српскохрватски
- Tiếng Việt
- This page was last edited on 25 June 2018, at 09:33.