Category:English nounsDefinition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary Jump to navigation Jump to search Edit category data Recent changes Recent additions to the category
- wire gun
- Neapolitan wafer
- Friday night lights
English terms that indicate people, beings, things, places, phenomena, qualities or ideas.
For more information, see Appendix:English nouns.
- Category:English noun forms: English nouns that are inflected to display grammatical relations other than the main form.
- Category:English agent nouns: English nouns that denote an agent that performs the action denoted by the verb from which the noun is derived.
- Category:English collective nouns: English nouns that indicate groups of related things or beings, without the need of grammatical pluralization.
- Category:English compound nouns: English nouns composed of two or more stems.
- Category:English countable nouns: English nouns that can be quantified directly by numerals.
- Category:English diminutive nouns: English nouns that are derived from a base word to convey endearment, small size or small intensity.
- Category:English nouns by inflection type: English nouns organized by the type of inflection they follow.
- Category:English nouns with unattested plurals: English nouns with unattested plurals.
- Category:English pluralia tantum: English nouns that are mostly or exclusively used in the plural form.
- Category:English singularia tantum: English nouns that are mostly or exclusively used in the singular form.
- Category:English uncountable nouns: English nouns that indicate qualities, ideas, unbounded mass or other abstract concepts that cannot be quantified directly by numerals.
- Category:English verbal nouns: English nouns morphologically related to a verb and similar to it in meaning.
This category has the following 18 subcategories, out of 18 total.
- ► English agent nouns (0 c, 579 e)
- ► English collective nouns (0 c, 137 e)
- ► English compound nouns (2 c, 6 e)
- ► English countable nouns (1 c, 247579 e)
- ► English diminutive nouns (3 c, 56 e)
- ► English fractional numbers (0 c, 71 e)
- ► English nouns with common ending formations (12 c, 0 e)
- ► English nouns with unknown or uncertain plurals (0 c, 9873 e)
- ► English phrasal nouns (0 c, 332 e)
- ► English nouns by inflection type (2 c, 0 e)
- ► English nouns with unattested plurals (0 c, 544 e)
- ► English pluralia tantum (0 c, 4151 e)
- ► English quantizers (0 c, 4 e)
- ► English singularia tantum (0 c, 74 e)
- ► English uncountable nouns (0 c, 118954 e)
- ► English verbal nouns (0 c, 95 e)
Pages in category "English nouns"
The following 200 pages are in this category, out of 346,155 total.(previous page) (next page)
- 0 deg lat
- 007 knife
- 0800 number
- 1 gauge
- 1-2-3 block
- 1-D RCM
- 1-h TL FM
- 10-day measles
- 10-foot user interface
- 10-gallon hat
- 10-undecenoic acid
- 100 meter dash
- 100 meters
- 100 metres
- 100-meter dash
- 100-year flood
- 1000 meter
- 1000 meters
- 1000 metre
- 1000 metres
- 10000 meters
- 10000 metres
- 10th grade
- 11 Bang-Bang
- 11-plus examination
- 11th commandment
- 11th Commandment
- 11th grade
- 11th hour
- 12-hour clock
- 12-ounce curls
- 128th note
- 12th grade
- 13th month
- 15 megabytes of fame
- 15 minutes
- 15 minutes of fame
- 1500 meters
- 1500 metres
- 163rd game
- 18 holes
- 18-yard box
- 18-yard line