Wikiversity:Main PageFrom Wikiversity Jump to: navigation, search
Welcome to Wikiversity
"On résiste à l'invasion des armées; on ne résiste pas à l'invasion des idées." — Victor Hugo (discuss)Welcome
Wikiversity is a Wikimedia Foundation project devoted to learning resources, learning projects, and research for use in all levels, types, and styles of education from pre-school to university, including professional training and informal learning. We invite teachers, students, and researchers to join us in creating open educational resources and collaborative learning communities. To learn more about Wikiversity, try a guided tour, learn about adding content, or start editing now.Today's Featured Project Media Literacy A resource for scholars and others interested in media literacy. The materials were originally developed by graduate students enrolled in a course taught by Professor Renee Hobbs at Temple University's School of Communication and Theater, and has been further developed by succeeding versions of the same course. The course looks at media literacy in a wide context, and is of relevance to secondary education, tertiary education, research and education outside the formal sector.
Visit this resource · see more featured content view · discuss Educational Picture of the Day The Starry Night The Starry Night, by Vincent van Gogh. In general, paintings prior to the 20th century are in the public domain due to expiration of copyright, which means you can use images of them freely in educational materials. For works of art created in the 20th century, normally you cannot reuse any copies. Click on the image for a full size version which you can freely re-use and modify. Print it and use it for your lessons, integrate it into your pages on Wikiversity, or use it in other learning resources and websites. Use the links below to find more images like this one.
Paintings by Vincent van Gogh - Post-Impressionist painters - All paintings
This image is a part of the Educational Media Awareness Campaign, raising awareness among educators about the availability and usage of millions of free internet media in education. view · discuss News
- 21 November: The lecture Glaciology and its quiz are ready.
- 13 November: The military history resource Why did the British defeat the Combined Fleet, despite the Combined Fleet's superior numbers and lecture Glaciers, plus quiz are ready for learners.
- 11 November: STAT5 laboratory testing human gene transcription is ready.
- 6 November: The mathematics lesson on the Legendre differential equation is ready.
- 5 November: The computer simulation technique Nonlinear finite elements is ready for learners.
- 1 November: Organic Chemistry – Carbon Chemistry and Macromolecules is ready for users.
- 1 November: WikiJournal of Humanities is created and ready for new article submissions.
- 1 November: WikiJournal of Science has finished a formatting overhaul.
- 30 October: The resource Net neutrality and 'Restoring Internet freedom' is ready for learners.
- 27 October: Representation of Eating Disorders in To the Bone is ready.
- 25 October: Middle Ages, a history resource, and Metal responsive element laboratory testing human gene transcription are ready.
Free-content encyclopedia Wikibooks
Free textbooks and manuals Commons
Shared media repository Wiktionary
Dictionary and thesaurus Wikiquote
Collection of quotations Wikinews
Free-content news Wikispecies
Directory of species Wikisource
Free-content library Wikivoyage
Open travel guide Meta-Wiki
Wikimedia project coordination MediaWiki
Free software development Wikidata
Free knowledge base
Wikiversity is also available in other languages:
Deutsch • Français • Русский • Čeština • Italiano • Português • Español • العربية • Svenska • Suomi • Slovenščina • Ελληνικά • 日本語 • 한국어 • हिन्दी • Other
In other languages
In other projects
- Wikimedia Commons
- This page was last edited on 3 August 2015, at 22:25.