Wikiversity:Main PageFrom Wikiversity Jump to navigation Jump to search
Welcome to Wikiversity
"Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited, whereas imagination embraces the entire world, stimulating progress, giving birth to evolution." — Albert Einstein (discuss)Welcome
Wikiversity is a Wikimedia Foundation project devoted to learning resources, learning projects, and research for use in all levels, types, and styles of education from pre-school to university, including professional training and informal learning. We invite teachers, students, and researchers to join us in creating open educational resources and collaborative learning communities. To learn more about Wikiversity, try a guided tour, learn about adding content, or start editing now.Today's Featured Project Teaching and Learning Online This is a collection of e-learning projects at Wikiversity created by a variety of pioneers in the field of online education. The collection includes courses (both participatory and non-participatory), articles, papers, lesson collections, events, discussions and ideas in the making. Some of the materials are highly developed and large; others provide plenty of opportunity for enhancement.
Visit this resource · see more featured content view · discuss Educational Picture of the Day Pulley system Diagram of a pulley system, demonstrating how pulleys facilitate the lifting of heavy weights. Click on the image for a full size version which you can freely re-use and modify. Print it and use it for your lessons, integrate it into your pages on Wikiversity, or use it in other learning resources and websites. Use the links below to find more images like this one.
Diagrams and images of pulleys
Mechanics images - Electromagnetism images - Optics images - Atomic physics images
Images relating to physics in general
This image is a part of the Educational Media Awareness Campaign, raising awareness among educators about the availability and usage of millions of free internet media in education. view · discuss News
- 1 October: The CRE box laboratory testing human gene transcription is ready for learners!
- 30 September: The course Transcending Conflict and the Gene transcription of human alpha-1-B glycoprotein, plus the latter's quiz are ready!
- 26 September: The course Beyond Theism is ready for learners!
- 25 September: The WikiJournal of Science is now indexed in Informit!
- 19 September: The lesson Germanic Peoples is ready for learners!
- 16 September: The course Understanding Fairness is ready for learners!
- 15 September: The occupational health and safety resource OHS International Networking is ready for learners and participants!
- 13 September: The Portal:Impressionist Visualizations (for musical imaginations) and some Sound files is ready for learners and listeners!
- 11 September: The Portal:Complex Systems Digital Campus is ready!
- 9 September: Ice cores is a lecture, try the quiz!
- 4 September: The essay Why is the Sky dark at Night? is ready!
- 3 September: The course Basic Voice Acting Skills is ready for learners!
- 2 September: Humanitarian Open Streetmap is ready for learners and participants!
Free-content encyclopedia Wikibooks
Free textbooks and manuals Commons
Shared media repository Wiktionary
Dictionary and thesaurus Wikiquote
Collection of quotations Wikinews
Free-content news Wikispecies
Directory of species Wikisource
Free-content library Wikivoyage
Open travel guide Meta-Wiki
Wikimedia project coordination MediaWiki
Free software development Wikidata
Free knowledge base
Wikiversity is also available in other languages:
Deutsch • Français • Русский • Čeština • Italiano • Português • Español • العربية • Svenska • Suomi • Slovenščina • Ελληνικά • 日本語 • 한국어 • हिन्दी • 中文 • Other
In other languages
In other projects
- Wikimedia Commons
- This page was last edited on 22 January 2018, at 23:34.