Wikiversity:Main PageFrom Wikiversity Jump to navigation Jump to search
Welcome to Wikiversity
"Knowledge grows when shared." — Bhartrihari (discuss)Welcome
Wikiversity is a Wikimedia Foundation project devoted to learning resources, learning projects, and research for use in all levels, types, and styles of education from pre-school to university, including professional training and informal learning. We invite teachers, students, and researchers to join us in creating open educational resources and collaborative learning communities. To learn more about Wikiversity, try a guided tour, learn about adding content, or start editing now.Today's Featured Project Learn Breton Language and Culture Breton is spoken in North-Western France and is one of the few surviving Celtic languages, which dominated Europe over 2000 years ago. The Breton language learning project is a good example of the use of Wikiversity for teaching languages. It currently comprises 71 pages, with plenty of visual media, eye-catching layout and plenty of well-developed content.
Visit this resource · see more featured content view · discuss Educational Picture of the Day Pangaea Pangaea is the name given to a super-continent which existed some 200 million years ago at the time of the earliest dinosaurs. Pangaea consisted of all the present-day continents drawn into one landmass. Click on the image for a full size version which you can freely re-use and modify. Print it and use it for your lessons, integrate it into your pages on Wikiversity, or use it in other learning resources and websites. Use the links below to find more images like this one.
Images of Pangea - Images of the Earth
Plate tectonics images - Geography images
Prehistory images - History images
This image is a part of the Educational Media Awareness Campaign, raising awareness among educators about the availability and usage of millions of free internet media in education. view · discuss News
- 8 November: The GA responsive complex laboratory testing human gene transcription is ready for learners!
- 6 November: The economics resource Basic income cryptocurrency is ready!
- 29 October: The WikiJournal of Humanities publishes Æthelflæd, Lady of the Mercians in Volume 1, Issue 1!
- 23 October: The course Thinking Scientifically is ready for learners!
- 20 October: Chemicals it's a lecture, try the quiz!
- 18 October: Nuclear weapons and effective defense is an original research essay!
- 17 October: The learning resource Introduction to Elasticity is ready for learners!
- 16 October: Computer Hardware Types a lesson for the course Introduction to Computers is ready!
- 15 October: The theoretical physics resource Lorentz-invariant theory of gravitation is ready for learners!
- 13 October: The lesson The Tamil Letters for the Tamil Language resource is ready!
Free-content encyclopedia Wikibooks
Free textbooks and manuals Commons
Shared media repository Wiktionary
Dictionary and thesaurus Wikiquote
Collection of quotations Wikinews
Free-content news Wikispecies
Directory of species Wikisource
Free-content library Wikivoyage
Open travel guide Meta-Wiki
Wikimedia project coordination MediaWiki
Free software development Wikidata
Free knowledge base
Wikiversity is also available in other languages:
Deutsch • Français • Русский • Čeština • Italiano • Português • Español • العربية • Svenska • Suomi • Slovenščina • Ελληνικά • 日本語 • 한국어 • हिन्दी • 中文 • Other
In other languages
In other projects
- Wikimedia Commons
- This page was last edited on 22 January 2018, at 23:34.