Twin Coach Model 40From CPTDB Wiki Jump to navigation Jump to search Twin Coach - Model 40 Twin Coach - Model 40 Years of manufacture Late 1920's-? Length ? Width ? Power/Fuel Gas
The Model 40 was a high-capacity heavy-duty transit bus built by Twin Coach. It had many new features for buses at the time such as entrance doors before the front tires and a rear engine. They were equipped with two Waukesha gasoline engines mounted on either side of the bus.
More than 1000 Model 40's were built and many lasted in service for 20 years.
- Winnipeg Electric Company - Winnipeg, MB
- Chicago Surface Lines - Chicago, IL
- Chicago Transit Authority - Chicago, IL
- St. Louis Public Service Company - St. Louis, MO
- Seashore Trolley Museum - Kennebunkport, ME
Preserved CoachesYearThumbnailSerialOriginal OwnerFleet NumberCurrent Owner 1928 ? Warren-Bisbee Bus Line 8 Old Pueblo Trolley Museum 1932 ? Boston Elevated Railway 964 Seashore Trolley Museum 1934 ? Eastern Massachusetts Street Railway 523 Seashore Trolley Museum Retrieved from "[cptdb.ca]" Category:
Air / Rail / School Bus / Taxi
- This page was last edited on 2 July 2015, at 02:15.