O’Reilly Solid Is a Wrap
Watch recorded keynotes and interviews on-demand.
The new hardware movement and the Internet of Things are poised to transform the world we live in.
The barriers between virtual and real are falling. Hardware is becoming an agile discipline, and it's getting easier to create physical products. The Internet of Things promises to make everything intelligent and networked. At Solid you'll meet the new interdisciplinary community that's seizing these opportunities—executives, designers, engineers, entrepreneurs, researchers, and investors. Solid is the central meeting place for the new hardware movement and the Internet of Things.
Session CommentsTetsuro Morimoto commented on Building a drone Dear Buddy Michini, Thank you for your impressive tutorial. I also want to try to build the drone. Can I get the your materials, such as presentation slide and program source? Best regards, -Tetsuro Morimoto
Kate Benson commented on The design of personalities and natural language UX Hello, Would it be possible to receive your slide deck ? Thanks !
Kate Benson commented on Essential self technologies: Body-based wellness machines Hello, would it be possible to receive your slide deck ? Thanks !
Complete Video Compilation
Tutorials, sessions, and keynotes were recorded and the video compilation is now available for purchase.
Internet of Things isn’t the same as the new hardware movement
The technology we talk about at Solid is revolutionary, and so is the program itself. It's the only conference that goes beyond the Internet of Things and additionally covers the new hardware movement—the even bigger shift that's driving the IoT and much more.
The revolution starts here: hardware, software, digital manufacturing, and the Internet of Things
- Entrepreneurs and business leaders: invent entirely new business models, platforms, and workflows
- Designers, engineers & programmers: make more beautiful and intuitive products
- Manufacturers: learn how connected technologies will revolutionize manufacturing
- Startups: build strategic relationships with manufacturers and designers
- Investors and executives: see innovative work in the Solid Startup Showcase
We’re at the brink of a huge shift. If you want to understand the territory and discover the opportunities, don’t miss the O’Reilly Solid Conference, June 23-25 at Fort Mason in San Francisco. Whether you deal in fashion or manufacturing, robotics or agriculture, Solid will help you figure out how to apply the latest technologies to your business:
- Engage in deep, intelligent conversations about vital issues like security, additive manufacturing, data architectures, breakthrough design, prototyping, and standardization
- See jaw-dropping demos of the coolest devices, drones, robots, and wearables that exist (or are imagined) today
- Connect and collaborate with some of the most interesting people in the industry—from both Fortune 500 companies and under-the-radar startups
- Hear unexpected, inspirational, and just-plain-brilliant ideas that will give you a glimpse of what the future may hold
The possibilities are more than a bit mind-blowing.
Solid showed me not only that I can build what I've dreamed about, but the time is now.
—previous Solid attendee
Who we are
At O’Reilly, we’re known for recognizing the important trends in technology and bringing the best minds in the field together to explore, share, and learn. Our history spans more than 30 years and includes groundbreaking conferences such as Web 2.0 Summit, OSCON (open source), and Strata + Hadoop World (data).
We’re at the brink of a huge shift. If you want to understand the territory and discover the opportunities, don’t miss the O’Reilly Solid Conference. It’s the Internet of Things—and so much more.Link | 06/23/2015 7:46am UTC
Exhibition and Sponsorship Opportunities
Contact Debbie Holmgren at [email protected]
For information on how to participate, visit our Call for Startups.
For information on trade opportunities with O'Reilly conferences, email [email protected]
View a complete list of Solid contacts
- More O'Reilly Events
- Artificial Intelligence
- Open Source
- Software Architecture
- Strata Data
- More O'Reilly Sites
- O'Reilly Conferences
- O'Reilly Video Training
- O'Reilly Webcasts
- O'Reilly on YouTube
©2015, O'Reilly Media, Inc. • (800) 889-8969 or (707) 827-7019 • Monday-Friday 7:30am-5pm PT • All trademarks and registered trademarks appearing on oreilly.com are the property of their respective owners. • [email protected]