Commons:Upload WizardFrom Wikimedia Commons, the free media repository Jump to navigation Jump to search Translate this page
Other languages: Bahasa Melayu • Deutsch • English • Esperanto • Lëtzebuergesch • Scots • dansk • emiliàn e rumagnòl • español • français • magyar • norsk bokmål • polski • português • português do Brasil • suomi • македонски • русский • українська • עברית • العربية • অসমীয়া • বাংলা • മലയാളം • မြန်မာဘာသာ • 中文 • 日本語
The Upload Wizard is the default method for uploading files to Wikimedia Commons. The below screenshot illustrates a typical uploading process. In the first step, a licensing tutorial is displayed to the user. In the second step, the user can select one or multiple files (up to 50 files at the time) and begin uploading. In the third step, the user has to clarify the licensing status of the file or files. In the fourth step, the user is required to add basic descriptive information for each file. If the files are uploaded successfully, the results are summarized in the final step to make it easy to copy and paste file information for the intended use.
Key resources related to the Upload Wizard
- The Upload Wizard FAQ carries additional overview information.
- The Upload Wizard feedback page is integrated into the Upload Wizard and allows users to comment on their experience while uploading files. As a consequence, that page receives a fairly high amount of continuing user comments and discussion, and is a good page for experienced Wikimedia Commons users to monitor.
- The Upload Wizard blacklist issues page is used by the Wikimedia community to report issues with the title blacklist which restricts allowed filenames on Wikimedia Commons.
- The campaign editors functionality can be used to customize Upload Wizard for multimedia competitions like Wiki Loves Monuments and other purposes.
- mw:Extension:UploadWizard – the code
- The discussion page is used for strategic community conversations about Upload Wizard.
Wikimedia Commons upload tools
In other projects
- This page was last edited on 8 October 2019, at 15:04.