Basic Local Alignment Search ToolBLAST finds regions of similarity between biological sequences. The program compares nucleotide or protein sequences to sequence databases and calculates the statistical significance. Learn more The Basic Local Alignment Search Tool (BLAST) finds regions of local similarity between sequences. The program compares nucleotide or protein sequences to sequence databases and calculates the statistical significance of matches. BLAST can be used to infer functional and evolutionary relationships between sequences as well as help identify members of gene families.
- BLAST+ 2.10.1 is released – Fix for TBLASTN Multi-Threading issue.
Thu, 18 June 2020 12:00:00 EST
Standalone and API BLAST
- Download BLAST Get BLAST databases and executables
- Use BLAST API Call BLAST from your application
- Use BLAST in the cloud Start an instance at a cloud provider
- SmartBLAST Find proteins highly similar to your query
- Primer-BLAST Design primers specific to your PCR template
- Global Align Compare two sequences across their entire span (Needleman-Wunsch)
- CD-search Find conserved domains in your sequence
- IgBLAST Search immunoglobulins and T cell receptor sequences
- VecScreen Search sequences for vector contamination
- CDART Find sequences with similar conserved domain architecture
- Multiple Alignment Align sequences using domain and protein constraints
- MOLE-BLAST Establish taxonomy for uncultured or environmental sequences