|Origin||Kolkata, West Bengal, India|
|Genres||Rap rock, alternative rock, protest poetry|
|Associated acts||!Banned, Skydive|
|Website||Underground Authority on ReverbNation|
|Members||Santhanam Srinivasan Iyer (lead vocals)
Adil Rashid (lead guitar)
Kuntal De (rhythm guitar)
Soumyadeep Bhattacharya (bass guitar)
Sourish Kumar (drums)
Underground Authority (Bengali: আন্ডারগ্রাউন্ড অথরিটি,Tamil: ஆண்டெர்க்ரௌண்ட் ஆதோரிட்டி,Hindi: अंडरग्राउंड अथॉरिटी) is an alternative rock / rap rock band from India. Formed in early 2010, in Kolkata, their music is flavoured by a blend of protest poetry, reggae, alternative rock, rap rock and hard rock. The band is noted for their socio-political messages / Anti-capitalism agenda in their song lyrics and also for their Music to express and not impress quote.
- Band members
- Musical influences
- India's Got Talent - Khoj -2
- Hornbill International Rock Competition 2013
- Side projects
- Professional career
- See also
- External links
Formation / early years / pre India's Got Talent
Underground Authority was formed in early 2010, when two of the previously existing acts from Kolkata, !Banned and Skydive collaborated to put forth a new act together. They primarily started off performing in the premier pubs of Kolkata and participated in major music events, including the Closed Mic / Best of open mic at Someplace Else and Tuborg Unseen Underground Pub Rock festival. They were also the runners up at a national rock band competition, Yamaha Asian Beat 2010, held at Hard Rock Cafe in Mumbai.
If not rivalry, then we would surely prefer the term ‘fierce competitors’ to describe us in the past, when we used to face off and compete as a band at the national / local music circuit. But then again, we always had this dream of coming together as a unit at some point of time and fortunately, it happened on the pleasant evening of April 3, 2010. We figured that all five of us wanted to experiment and come up with something new and unique; so when the idea of Underground Authority came up, we straight away went for it as we all had a gut feeling that it would result in something fresh and inviting.
— Underground Authority at an interview for Eight Octaves, Music news and services in India.
On July 16, 2010 - They had also been a part of a special night organized by popular city bands and individuals to offer a tribute to the Indian film music directors at the pub, 'Basement' at 'Samilton Hotel' in Kolkata. They performed A.R.Rahman directed songs, 'Rukmini' and 'Humma Humma' in their own versions as a tribute to the former. 
They were mostly active from time period January 2009- March 2010 and had won many rock band competitions held at the cultural festivals of colleges. Some of the notable are named below,
- 'Outlawed/Rivet 2010' - NUJS (The West Bengal National University of Juridical Sciences), Annual cultural festival - Battle of bands winners.
- 'Srijan 2010' - Indian School of Mines Dhanbad, Cultural Festival - 'Avalanche 2010' (Band competition) winners.
- 'Rockophonix 2010' - National Institute of Technology, Durgapur, Annual Cultural Festival - Battle of bands winners.
- 'Irock 2010'- Institute of Engineering and Management, Kolkata, Annual Cultural Festival - Band competition winners.
- 'Integration 2010' ISI (Indian Statistical Institute, Kolkata), Cultural-tech Festival - Band competition winners.
- 'Sanskriti 2010' - Jadavpur university, Cultural Festival organized by the students of the Engineering Department- Band competition Winners.
- 'Spunkz' 2010 - Pailan College of Management and Technology, Annual Cultural Festival - Band competition winners.
- 'Sanskriti 2010' - Jadavpur university, Cultural Festival organized by the students of the Arts Department - Band Competition winners.
- 'Cacophony 2010' - Calcutta Institute of Engineering and Management, Annual Cultural Festival - Battle of Bands winners.
- 'Springfest 2010' - IIT KGP (Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur), Annual Cultural Festival - 'Wildfire' battle of bands runners up.
- 'AGON 2009' - Calcutta National Medical College, Annual Cultural Festival - Battle of bands winners.
- 'MITALI 2009' - Nil Ratan Sarkar Medical College and Hospital, Annual Cultural Festival - Battle of bands winners.
- Calcutta Medical College (Medical College and Hospital, Kolkata) - Battle of bands, Winners, 2009.
- 'Eclecia 2009' - Heritage Institute of Technology, Kolkata, Annual Cultural Festival - 'On the rocks' band competition, third place winners.
On January 23, 2010, Kolkata, they had opened for Krishnakumar Kunnath, a famous Bollywood playback singer and were also awarded by him on stage, as the band had won the 'Times of Youth Challenge 2010' rock band competition organised by the Times of India and the Times group.
Skydive started as a rap-rock side project that included Santhanam Srinivasan Iyer on the vocals/rap, Adil Rashid on the lead guitar, Soumyadeep Bhattacharya on the bass guitar, Bhaveen Juthani on the rhythm guitar and Sourish Kumar on the drums.
Though the activity of the band didn't span for more than three months, from January to March 2010, the band had an unbeatable record of winning all the band competitions it had taken part in at cultural festivals of colleges. The following are the competitions they took part in,
- 'Oorja 2010' - Indian School of Mines Dhanbad, Cultural festival - Battle of bands winners.
- 'Kritansh 2010' - KIIT University, Annual cultural festival, 'Holocaust 2010' - Band competition winners.
- 'Almafiesta 2010' - Indian Institute of Technology Bhubaneswar, Annual cultural festival, 'Euphony 2010' - Band competition winners.
- 'Srijan 2010' - Shri Shikshayatan College, Annual cultural festival - Battle of bands winners.
On January 28, 2010 they took part and had won the band competition event at 'Caledonia 2010' - the annual cultural fest of Scottish Church College, Calcutta. Their original composition Private investigation of a microphone in Jerusalem was an instant hit among the audience and the judge, Radio Jockey Vineet of Red FM 93.5. 
Santhanam Srinivasan Iyer (lead vocals)
Also known as E.P.R (emcee/ poet/rapper), Santhanam Srinivasan Iyer is the frontman / emcee of the band, he's one of the first emcees / rappers in the city to make a mark. He is noted for his stage presence and passionate delivery of vocals. He's also the lyricist of the band and is a follower of Anarchist Communism, which can be seen in his works. Previously he used to often rap / perform at Open Mic Sessions at Someplace Else, Park Hotel, Kolkata and was a very popular performer since then. His interactions with the audience are powerful and he frequently crowd surfs / stage dives at his performances.
There is very little space to jump. If I jump over you guys, will you hold me?
— Santhanam Srinivasan Iyer at a performance, Unseen Underground Pub Rock Festival.
Adil Rashid (lead guitar)
He is the lead Guitarist of the band and is supported by Gibson Guitar Corporation's branch in India.He specializes in playing different styles of music which include jazz, blues, funk, rock and metal. His inspirations are Paul Gilbert (Mr Big), Yngwie Malmsteen, Slash (Guns N' Roses), Vito Brata, to name a few. He's also the grandson of Mohammed Salim, who was the first Indian Footballer to play overseas, in the year 1936 for the Scottish Club Celtic FC.
Kuntal De (rhythm guitar)
Kuntal is the rhythm guitarist in the band and is inspired by unconventional styles of guitar playing. He specializes in giving effects and states Tom morello of Rage against the machine to be his idol. He is the son of Amritlal De, one of the renowned astrologers of the city. After the death of his father in 2009, he took all the responsibilities of his father's office and started working as professional Astrologer.
Soumyadeep Bhattacharya (bass guitar)
Sourish Kumar (drummer)
Sourish is the drummer of the band .
A 29-second sample of the song "You Can't Stop", one of the singles recorded by Underground Authority in the year 2010 just after India's Got Talent (Season 2).
|Problems playing this file? See media help.|
Underground Authority is known for its original compositions, which always tend to portray a political message which they term it as "Protest Poetry". Some of their popular original songs include,
- "Microphone" (a tribute to the song Handlebars by Flobots)
- "Realize" (a song which is completely based on the establishment of a classless society and Communism),
- "You Can't Stop Us" (a song which speaks against Racism),
- "We Kill G.I. Joes" (a song which addresses the stereotypical society being dominated by the ideals of materialism)
Apart from their originals their acts also include the rap-rock remixed versions of A R Rahman's songs -
India's Got Talent - Khoj -2
Underground Authority tried their luck at the auditions of the second season of India's Got Talent, which is a large-scale televised entertainment variety show created by Simon Cowell and Syco TV. The show presents India's best unknown acts and talents, and made their maiden appearance on national television through Colors TV.
During the nationwide talent competition, the band covered A. R. Rahman's hits in their own style, which secured their position as one of the nine finalists in the show, earning them a huge fan following. During the competition, the band performed a song from the soundtrack of the Hindi action film Dabangg, which starred guest judge Salman Khan.
The band received an overwhelming response from the Indian audience, winning the hearts of Indian celebrities, including Salman Khan, Sonali Bendre, Nikhil Chinapa, Ayushmann Khurrana and Kiron Kher. Salman Khan requested them to remix the whole Dabangg soundtrack album, in their own unique style. After India's Got Talent, the band became known for twisting Bollywood retro songs and presenting them in their own style of music.
During the television shoot for the auditions of India's Got Talent (season 2), in Kolkata, Nikhil Chinapa had liked their performance so much that he had instantly uploaded a status message on them on his account on the social networking site, Twitter.
In all my years of listening to Indian bands, this was one group that gave me goosebumps !
— Nikhil Chinapa on Underground Authority.
Hornbill International Rock Competition 2013
Hornbill International Rock Competition (HIRC 2013) was a part of the annual cultural extravaganza, Hornbill Festival, which showcases the rich Naga culture and is organized by the state government of Nagaland's Music Task Force (MTF), department of Youth Resources and Sports. 
Hornbill International(formerly National) Rock Contest is also the longest music festival in the country, it being a seven-day-long festival. India’s biggest prize money for battle of bands contest has been an integral event of the Hornbill Festival extravaganza since its inception in 2000. The contest was held at the newly constructed venue at Solidarity Park, Kohima from December 1 to 10.
On celebrating the 50th year of statehood, of Nagaland, the government decided to double up the prize money for the competition to make it grander and to have something to remember.
The selected bands competed for the top prize of a whopping 10,00,000/- (1 Million INR), 2,50,000/- ( 250 thousand INR) for the second place and 1,50,000/- (150 thousand INR) for the third place. Individual Prizes for Best Vocalist, Best Guitarist, Best Drummer, Best Bassist will also be given with a prize money of INR 30,000/- each and other surprise Sponsored Prizes.
On December, 10, following the final performances by the short-listed bands, it was announced that 'Underground Authority' were this year's un-doubted winners along with bagging, other individual prizes of Best Vocalist ( Santhanam Srinivasan Iyer), Best Bassist (Soumyadeep Bubbla Bhattacharya), Best Drummer ( Sourish Kumar) and Best Runner's up guitarist (Adil Rashid).
While every other band was out feasting on local cuisine and rice beer, Kolkata band Underground Authority were rehearsing hard on the second stage (I spotted the band jamming four times in three days)
— Anurag Tagat, Rolling Stones India on Underground Authority winning HIRC 2013.
Hornbill International Rock Contest 2013 Winners:
- Winners: Underground Authority (Kolkata)
- 1st Runners-Up: We The Giants (Dimapur)
- 2nd Runners-Up: The F16s (Chennai)
- Best Vocalist: Santhanam Srinivasan Iyer (Underground Authority)
- Best Guitarist: Aren Longkumer (Infuse)
- Best Bassist: Soumyadeep Bhattacharya (Underground Authority)
- Best Drummer Sourish Kumar (Underground Authority)
- Best Keyboardist: Harshan Radhakrishnan (The F16s)
We have won almost all the big rock fests in India. We have had 21 wins so far. Hornbill was the only one left for us and we knew, if we had this in our kitty, we would have aced every prestigious rock competition in the country. We rehearsed day in and day out. For us, this was the last competition, at least in India. We went in with one goal: to win
— Epr on an interview to Calcutta Times, Times of India on Underground Authority winning HIRC 2013.
After performing well in India's Got Talent the band has started gaining fame. The band is currently working on their first album and are also recording the Dabbang Remix as a side project. The band has already released a Dabangg (Scratch Demo) and will releasing the whole album soon. The band is also working on stage shows.
The band has toured and performed at events across India, including college festivals and concerts. They have has also raised funds for charities and welfare projects on subjects like education, healthcare, livelihood, women empowerment, and advocacy.
- In October 1, 2010, The band had signed with Sony BMG Artist Management Group and they are currently working on their major label debut album, with a double disc album set to release in the latter part of 2011.
- On October 29, 2010, They were invited to pay a visit to the office branch of 'Smile Foundation India' in Delhi a national level NGO of India. They spent a lot of time with the kids there, interacting with them and also gave motivating lectures to help improve their lives.
- On October 30, 2010, the band had headlined, 'Kritva 2010' - which is the annual cultural festival for International Management Institute (India), Delhi.
- On December 12, 2010 In 2010, they were honored with an award in recognition and appreciation for their talent by the deputy CM of Jharkhand at a performance in Salt Lake, Kolkata.
- On 19 December 2010, Underground Authority headlined The Great TTIS Challenge, a seven days longing music and arts festival organised by The Telegraph (Kolkata).
- On December 24, 2010, they performed at Tata Docomo Rock er Thek, marking the highest number of individuals in attendance at an Underground Authority concert. the audience was reported by the organisers to be over 30,000 persons.
- On December 31, 2010, they performed at 'Bhavishya 2010' - a rock concert, in Guwahati.
- They were also invited to make a guest performance on an episode of the 4th season of Bigg Boss, a Indian rendition of Big Brother.
- On January 16, 2011 they headlined the annual cultural fest of Shri Ram Group of Colleges, 'Sanskriti 2011' in Gwalior.
- On January 18, 2011, they headlined the annual cultural fest of Disha Institute of Management and Technology, Raipur, Chattisgarh.
- On January 20, 2011, they were invited by JPR events and AIE creations to perform in a concert at Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh.
- On January 21, 2011, they were invited to perform as celebrity / guest performers at 'Mecca 2011' - the annual cultural festival for Hindu College, University of Delhi. Other celebrity acts also included, Daler Mehndi, a famous Indian bhangra pop singer.
- On January 29, 2011, they headlined the annual cultural fest, 'Xavostav 2011' organised by St. Xavier's College, Calcutta. 'Xavotsav' also happens to be one the biggest college fests in India. The fest also had Torsha Sarkar of Indian Idol 4 and Remo Fernandes along with Underground Authority as the list of special acts for the same.
- On February 14, 2011, they headlined as the guest performers of 'Rubaab 2011' - a state level rock band competition organised by Radio Choklate 104 FM, Bhubaneshwar. The other acts, also included the dancer Harihar Dash, who's also one of the finalist of India's Got Talent, season 2.
- On March 13, 2011, the band headlined the annual cultural fest - 'Glockenspaniel 2011' organised by Seacom Engineering College at Nazrul Manch, Kolkata. Other performing acts at the event also included Cactus (Indian band) and Sumedha Karmahe of Sa Re Ga Ma Pa Challenge 2007.
- On March 23, 2011, the band had headlined the annual cultural fest - 'Vibgyor 2011' organised by Geethanjali college of Engineering and Technology, Hyderabad.
- On March 28, 2011, the band had headlined the annual cultural fest - 'Spoculit 2011' organised by Dr. Ram Manohar Lohia National Law University, Lucknow.
- On April 1, 2011 the band had headlined the annual cultural fest - 'Sangamam 2011' organised by Maturi Venkata Subba Rao Engineering college, Hyderabad.
- On April 12, 2011, the band had headlined the annual cultural fest of National Institute of Technology, Jamshedpur.
- On April 15, 2011, the band had headlined the annual cultural fest - 'Zeal-2011' organized by B.C.Roy Engineering College, Durgapur.
- On April 23, 2011 the band had headlined at 'Mesmerizer 2011' - the annual cultural fest of Netaji Subhash Engineering College, Kolkata. The other acts in the event also include Javed Ali, a famous Indian playback singer.
- On June 17, 2011, the band performed at 'BJ beats 2011' - the annual cultural fest organised by BJ Medical College, Ahmedabad.
- On June 18, 2011, the band had performed at Live In Concert Kolkata, organised by Bickram Ghosh, Siddha, and little-eye group, to help uplift the standards of music in the city. The other acts during the concert also included the Cavatina Duo from Bosnia.
- On July 17, 2011, they performed at 'Someplace Else', Park Hotel, Kolkata on the occasion of a special musical week where popular city acts like Cassini's Division had also performed.
- On August 8, 2011, They were featured on an interview for 'Curry Smugglers' with Salman Ahmed of Junoon.
- On mid August, 2011, They were also a part of NDTV marks for sports, which is a mass awareness campaign and that intends to get sports as a compulsory subject in the educational system of schools and colleges. They were called to make a guest performance at St. John's Diocesan Girls' Higher Secondary School and also to motivate students towards sports. The other notable guests who were called at the Kolkata campaign are Rohan Gavaskar and Kunal Kapoor. The whole performance was shown on NDTV 24X7, in the month of September, 2011.
- On September 1, 2011, They were invited to perform at 'Elixir 2011' - The annual cultural fest of B. P. Poddar Institute of Management & Technology. Other acts like Jal (band) and Fossils (band) were on the performing list of the fest.
- On September 9, 2011, They were invited to perform at 'Agon 2011' - The annual cultural fest of Calcutta National Medical College. Other notable performances in the fest also included a performance by Javed Ali.
- On September 22, 2011, They headlined 'Blitz 2011' - The annual cultural festival of NSHM Knowledge Campus, at Vidya Mandir, Kolkata. Other notable acts also included Anupam Roy and band.
- September 27, 2011, They headlined the annual cultural festival FESTIN-O-BEATS 2011 at SANAKA EDUCATIONAL TRUST'S GROUP OF INSTITUTIONS,DURGAPUR.
- On November 20, 2011, They were invited to headline 'Vibes 2011' - The annual inter-school festival organized by The Statesman.
- On December 8, 2011, They performed at Someplace Else (Kolkata), on the occasion of 'Red Bull Bedroom Jam 2011' along with city artists, Skinny Alley.
- On December 9, 2011, The headlined 'Tarang 2011' - The annual cultural festival of Institute of advanced management (IAM), Kolkata at Nazrul Mancha.
- On December 13, 2011, They were invited to headline 'Melange 2011' - The annual cultural festival of St Thomas School, Kolkata for the second time in a row.
- On December 14, 2011, The headlined the annual cultural festival of Maharaja Manindra Chandra College, Kolkata at Sarbajanin grounds, Bagbazar.
- On December 15, 2011, They headlined both 'Hillol 2011' - The annual cultural festival of City College of Commerce and Business Administration, Kolkata at Mahajati Sadan, Chittaranjan Avenue and 'Brio 2011' - The annual cultural festival of ICFAI Business School, Kolkata at Swabhumi on the same day.
- On December 21, 2011, They headlined the annual cultural festival of Burdwan Institute of Management and Computer Science (BIMS), Bardhaman.
- On December 22, 2011, They headlined the annual cultural festival of Seth Anandram Jaipuria College, Kolkata.
- On January 20, 2012, They headlined the first tech-fest for Chandigarh group of colleges (Gharuan campus), Mohali, Punjab along with acts of prominence, such as Jazzy B.
- On January 22, 2012, The band had opened for a friendly football match titled 'Superstars XI' Vs 'United Sikkim F.C., ' held at Paljor Stadium, Gangtok, Sikkim, primarily organized by the state government and JPR Events to raise fund for the earthquake victims. The 'Superstars XI' team had big names like, Ruud Gullit, Ansgar Brinkmann, Claudio Caniggia, Regi Blinker, Ronald Kopp, Christian Karembeu, Marcel Oerlemans, Rudolf Schenker, Tim Tanker, Ali Daei, Rahul Bose and former Indian footballers Shyam Thapa and I.M Vijayan. Apart from the above mentioned names, Bollywood actress, Neha Dhupia was also present to watch the match.
Before stepping on to the football field, the Scorpions guitarist Rudolf Schenker, had also featured and played along with the band on the stadium, belting out the legendaryScorpions number, Rock You Like a Hurricane in a Rap-Rock version which raised a lot of crowd attention.
- On February 3, 2012, The band had performed in the annual cultural festival of Guru Nanak Institute of Technology, Sodepur, Kolkata.
- On February 16, 2012, The band were invited to make a guest performance in the annual cultural festival of Pranveer Singh Institute of Technology, Kanpur. Other notable acts included Faridkot.
- On February 19, 2012, The band had headlined the annual cultural festival of Shri Ram Murti Smarak College of Engineering and Technology, Bareilly.
- On February 20, 2012, The band had headlined the annual cultural festival of Hooghly Engineering and Technology College.
- On February 24, 2012, The band performed in the annual cultural festival,' Recstacy' of National Institute of Technology, Durgapur.
- On March 2, 2012, The band performed in the annual cultural festival, 'Regalia 2012' of RCC Institute of Information Technology.
- On March 11, 2012, The band performed in the annual cultural festival, 'Legannzza 2012' of Asansol Engineering College, one of the renowned colleges of India.
- On March 20, 2012, The band performed in the annual cultural festival, 'Lobelia 2012' of R. G. Kar Medical College and Hospital.
- On April 1, 2012 They headlined, the annual cultural festival 'Symphony,' of Birsa Institute of Technology Sindri.
- On April 6, 2012, The band performed in the annual cultural festival, 'Melange 2012' of Narula Institute of Technology, Agarpara, Kolkata.
- September 11, 2012, The band performed in the annual cultural festival, 'FESTIN-O-BEATS 2012' of Sanaka Educational Trust's Group of Institutions, Durgapur
- On March 23, 2013, The band performed in the annual cultural festival, 'Ecstacy 2013' of MLR Institute of Technology, Dundigal, Hyderabad.
- On April 3, 2013, The band celebrated its third birthday at an event they put up at Princeton club, Kolkata, called 'Tercer Cumpleaños' in which they also invited famous musicians from the city to attend and jam as there was an open stage, kept with instruments and everyone was allowed to play at anytime with anyone, an act which encouraged many musicians to jam while enjoying the birthday celebration. Present members of the band, Cactus (Indian band) along with the famous Bengali lyricist and composer, Anupam Roy, members of the city based metalcore band Chronic Xorn and many others did also attend event. The primary, objective behind such a celebration was to celebrate the band's third birthday, encouraging the bond of unity and friendship with the existing musicians in the circuit.
- On April 4, The band performed in the annual cultural festival of St. Mary's Technical Campus, Barasat.
- On April, 5 The band performed in the annual cultural festival of G.S.M. Polytechnic College, Bardhaman.
- On November 10, The band performed in the Annual Techno-management Festival, 'INNOVISION - 2013' of National Institute of Technology, Rourkela.
- On February 23, 2014, The band performed in the Cultural-techno Festival, 'JINKS- 2014' of National Institute of Foundry and Forge Technology.
- On March 15, 2014, The band performed in the Cultural-techno Festival, 'ELITTE'S TARANG- 2014' of Elitte Institute of Engineering and Management.
|3.||"You can't Stop"||Underground Authority||3:52|
|5.||"Dabangg (Scratch Demo)"||Underground Authority||2:48|
|6.||"Where the streets have a name"||Underground Authority||5:31|
|7.||"Kaash Meri Girlfriend (Demo)"||Underground Authority||1:31|
|8.||"We Rise (Demo)"||Underground Authority||1:26|
In spite of their huge success, the band has not been free of criticism. They were criticised by Sajid Khan and Kiron Kher for changing the flavour of A. R. Rahman's hit song "Humma Humma", in one of the episodes of India's Got Talent. Many music lovers have criticized them for being trying to emulate the acts of Linkin Park and Guns N' Roses. In one act they were seen to bang the guitar on the stage. This act was highly criticized by many sections of the audience. Sajid Khan and Kiron Kher even criticized the band of trying to show aggression on the stage rather than letting the music do its job.
- "Unseen Underground: Uu Pub Fest". Unseenunderground.blogspot.com. 2010-09-13. Retrieved 2011-07-30.
- "Yamaha Asian Beat Championship - NATIONAL FINALS in Mumbai | 02 Sep, 2010 - buzzintown | event details, venue, address". buzzintown. Retrieved 2011-07-30.
- AMRUTHA ANANTH. "PICK OF THE WEEK: UNDERGROUND AUTHORITY". Calcutta, India: [eightoctaves.com].
- "Welcome to". Epaper.timesofindia.com. Retrieved 2011-07-30.
- Radhika Sen (2010-07-26). "The Telegraph - Calcutta (Kolkata) | Entertainment | The Good Life". Calcutta, India: Telegraphindia.com. Retrieved 2011-07-30.
- [dead link]
- "When music took centrestage - Times Of India". Articles.timesofindia.indiatimes.com. 2010-01-16. Retrieved 2011-07-30.
- Caledonia Saw Students Pull Out All The Stops (2010-02-24). "The Telegraph - Calcutta (Kolkata) | Entertainment | Rocking out loud". Calcutta, India: Telegraphindia.com. Retrieved 2011-07-30.
- "Kolkata's Open Mic party [Kolkata] | Times of India, The Newspaper | Find Articles at BNET". Findarticles.com. 2010-07-29. Retrieved 2011-07-30.[dead link]
- AMRITA ROYCHOUDHURY, TNN, Jul 27, 2010, 12.00am IST (2010-07-27). "Five musketeers in Kolkata, Times of India". Timesofindia.indiatimes.com. Retrieved 2011-07-30.
- "Amritalal, Gariahat, Kolkata | Amritalal, Astrologer in Kolkata - Reviews". asklaila. Retrieved 2011-07-30.
- Posted by Admin TellyOne - Mohit (2009-09-24). "Kuntal De - Desi Beats Rock On Contestant". Techtipspro.com. Retrieved 2011-07-30.
- "The Telegraph - Calcutta (Kolkata) | Entertainment | Xavotsav 2011". Calcutta, India: Telegraphindia.com. 2011-01-29. Retrieved 2011-07-30.
- "Salman Khan likes Underground Authority! - Rediff Getahead". Rediff.com. 2010-10-19. Retrieved 2011-07-30.
- "Munni remixed to rock". Hindustan Times. 2010-09-15. Retrieved 2011-07-30.
- IANS (2010-10-10). "Sallu gets Underground Authority to Bigg Boss - The Times of India". Timesofindia.indiatimes.com. Archived from the original on 2011-01-22. Retrieved 2011-01-17.
- [dead link]
- Angona Paul (2011-08-07). "Hitting a new high, Graphiti, The Telegraph". Calcutta, India: www.telegraphindia.com. Retrieved 2011-08-07.
- Anurag Tagat. "Review: Hornbill International Rock Contest 2013". Kohima, Nagaland: [rollingstoneindia.com].
- Sutapa Singha. "Underground Authority wins Hornbill Rock Fest". Calcutta, India: [timesofindia.indiatimes.com].
- Manisha Singh (2011-07-21). "Smile Kids Rock On With Underground Authority Kids from Smile Foundation India were all smiles as underground authority performed for them live". Webcache.googleusercontent.com. Retrieved 2011-07-30.
- "Smile Foundation NGO India - Social ventures for poor children". Smilefoundationindia.org. Retrieved 2011-07-30.
- "Kritva 2010 at International Management Institute, Delhi". Imikritva.com. 2010-10-28. Retrieved 2011-07-30.
- "Dabur Red The Great TTIS Challenge 2010 in Kolkata | Dabur Red The Great TTIS Challenge 2010 event Swabhumi Exhibition Hall, Kolkata | Dec, 2010". buzzintown. 2010-12-10. Archived from the original on 2011-01-22. Retrieved 2011-01-17.
- "ROCK—ER THEK with Tata Docomo - News - www.tollyworld.com beta". Tollyworld.com. Archived from the original on 2011-01-22. Retrieved 2011-01-17.
- "The Sentinel". Sentinelassam.com. Retrieved 2011-08-04.
- "'Underground Authority' to ROCK Bigg Boss 4 - TV News - IBNLive". Ibnlive.in.com. 2010-02-03. Archived from the original on 2011-01-22. Retrieved 2011-01-17.
- "Salman’s request". Hindustan Times. 2010-10-08. Retrieved 2011-07-30.
- "SANSKRITI | Shri Ram Group Of College | Campus Fest". Freshersworld.com. Retrieved 2011-07-30.
- "Underground Authority in RPR « The CSI Diaries". Darklightcsi.wordpress.com. 2011-01-18. Retrieved 2011-07-30.
- "रॉक में लगाते हैं रहमान तड़का - Kolkata underground Authority Rock Band was in Bho". www.bhaskar.com. 2011-01-20. Retrieved 2011-07-30.
- "Festive season begins at DU - Times Of India". Articles.timesofindia.indiatimes.com. 2011-02-24. Retrieved 2011-07-30.
- "mAsTiIiI fUlLlL oN - Campus Fest". Dumasti.com. Retrieved 2011-07-30.
- "Other States / Orissa News : City-based ‘Feedback' emerge winners of Rubaab-2011". Chennai, India: The Hindu. 2011-02-14. Retrieved 2011-08-06.
- jyotirmoy. "Glockenspiel 2011 — Campus Buzz". Mywbut.com. Retrieved 2011-07-30.
- "VIBGYOR 2K11 | Underground Authority". Vibgyor11.com. Retrieved 2011-07-30.
- "SPOCULIT-2011: Pro - Night". Spoculit.in. Retrieved 2011-08-06.
- "Sangamam 2011, Maturi Venkata Subba Rao (MVSR) Engineering College, Cultural Fest, Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh, March 31- April 1, 2011 : Andhra Pradesh, April 2011, Cultural Fest, Cultural Fests in Andhra Pradesh, Hyderabad, March 2011, MVSR, Sangamam 2011 : Know a Fest - Campus Festivals in India". Know a Fest. 2011-03-21. Retrieved 2011-07-30.
- "Underground Authority at NIT Jamshedpur > NH7 | Discover new music from India and around the world". Nh7.in. Retrieved 2011-08-06.
- "Zeal 2011 - Dr. B. C. Roy Engineering College". Bcrec.org. Retrieved 2011-08-04.
- "Underground Authority Live In Ahmedabad". Allevents.in. 2011-06-17. Retrieved 2011-08-04.
- "Bickram Ghosh and Siddha Presents Underground Authority & Purple Asparagus". Allevents.in. 2011-06-18. Retrieved 2011-07-30.
- "Siddha presents LIVE IN CONCERT - KOLKATA, INDIA". Liveinconcert.in. Retrieved 2011-07-30.
- "Underground Authority enthralled the audience - Times Of India". Articles.timesofindia.indiatimes.com. 2011-06-29. Retrieved 2011-07-30.
- "Underground Authority at an event - Times Of India". Articles.timesofindia.indiatimes.com. 2011-07-17. Retrieved 2011-07-30.
- "A medical college fest". The Telegraph (Calcutta, India). 2011-09-17.
- "Days 'n' nights of music, nostalgia and competitions". The Telegraph (Calcutta, India). 2011-12-15.
- Underground Authority on Reverbnation
- Underground Authority on PureVolume
- Underground Authority on Redbull Bedroom Jam
- Underground Authority on Facebook
- Official blog of Underground Authority