Vinyl Record Cover
|Directed by||Subhash Ghai|
|Produced by||Subhash Ghai|
|Written by||Sachin Bhowmick
|Editing by||Waman Bhonsle
|Distributed by||Mukta Arts Ltd.
|Release dates||8 August 1986|
|Running time||194 mins|
Karma (Hindi:कर्मा) is a 1986 Bollywood film directed by Subhash Ghai and feauring an ensemble cast including Dilip Kumar, Nutan, Jackie Shroff, Anil Kapoor, Naseeruddin Shah, Sridevi and Anupam Kher. The film reunites Subhash Ghai and Dilip Kumar after the success of their last film together Vidhaata (1982). The film also marked the first time Dilip Kumar was paired with veteran actress Nutan.
When Jailer Vishwa Pratap Singh (Dilip Kumar) slaps captured terrorist Dr. Michael Dang (Anupam Kher), he does not realize he has re-shaped his life forever. Soon after his two sons, (Shashi Kiran, Satish Kaul), and daughter-in-law (Beena) are mercilessly killed by Dang's army of men who set Dang free from prison. Vishwa Pratap Singh's only surviving youngest son (Jugal Hansraj) is crippled and his wife, Rukmani (Nutan) loses her vocal cords from the shock of losing her two sons.
Now calling himself Dada Thakur, he is determined to get revenge on Dang and recruits three notorious prisoners on death-row, Baiju Thakur (Jackie Shroff), Johnny/Gyneshwar (Anil Kapoor), and a former terrorist Khairuddin Chishti (Naseeruddin Shah) to assist him in his private war against Dang. However, Dada Thakur does not realize that his army of three have only agreed to join him, so that they could enjoy freedom.
- Dilip Kumar .... Rana Vishwa Pratap Singh as Dada Thakur
- Nutan .... Rukmini
- Naseeruddin Shah .... Khairuddin Chishti
- Jackie Shroff .... Baiju Thakur
- Anil Kapoor .... Johnny/ Gyaneshwar
- Anupam Kher .... Dr Michael Dang
- Sridevi .... Radha
- Poonam Dhillon .... Tulsi (Johnny's girlfriend)
- Dara Singh .... Dharma (Dada Thakur's friend)
- Shakti Kapoor .... Jagga / Jolly Dharma's brother
- Tom Alter .... Rexson (Michael Dang's henchman)
- Shashi Puri .... Anil (Vishwanath's son)
- Satish Kaul .... Sunil (Vishwanath's son)
- Beena .... Sunil's wife
- Jugal Hansraj .... Rana Vishwa Pratab Singh's youngest and surviving son (child artist).
- Mukri .... Chhote Khan
- Vinod Nagpal .... Minister Tripathi
- Dan Dhanoa .... Indian Army officer in BSO's prison
- Bindu .... Radha's Aunty
- Satyanarayana Kaikala .... Kittam Kittu
|1||"Karma (Introduction)"||Arun Bakshi|
|2||"Mera Karma Tu"||Mohammad Aziz, Suresh Wadkar, Manhar Udhas|
|3||"Aye Watan Tere Liye"||Mohammad Aziz, Kavita Krishnamurthy|
|4||"Aye Sanam Tere Liye"||Dilip Kumar, Mohammad Aziz, Kavita Krishnamurthy|
|5||"Maine Rab Se Tujhe"||Manhar Udhas, Anuradha Paudwal|
|6||"De Daru"||Kishore Kumar, Mahendra Kapoor, Manhar Udhas|
|7||"Na Jaiyo Pardes"||Kishore Kumar, Kavita Krishnamurthy|
|8||"Aye Mohabbat Teri Dastan"||Anuradha Paudwal|
|This article about a Hindi film of the 1980s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|